Hammam Towels - too unconventional?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Yes I did ponder that too GG - however I'm giving it a go. :D
As they're 100% cotton they can be washed on a hot cycle with a dollop of vanish if needs be.

I don't think people have as high an expectation with pool towels - bathroom towels are a different matter of course. These will probably fade eventually as the sun here is a killer, but in the end I'm hoping that it'll be a 'shabby chic' effect where the original quality of the product will still shine through :P

Anyway - I'll keep you posted; they're on order and due in stock 16th July.

Mouse (not normally a risk taker)
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Margaret

Do you think that the towels you mentioned for Italy may be the linen popcorn patterned ones? We have pure linen towels in lavender and off white, which are so beautiful, but haven't used them yet. Never took into account that they may well need ironing and that's wasteful.

Chianti
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I thought of this thread tonight after Hubby said that he really liked the new towels I had bought. They're smaller and thinner than our usual towel, and he likes them mainly because they dry much faster than our plush towels.

To be honest, I bought them for $2 apiece at the local superstore intending to use them as over-sized drool towels for our over-sized Great Dane! They're only thin because they're about as cheap as they come. :)

I had never heard of Hammam towels before this thread, but I will be on the lookout for them in the future.
Brooke
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

MIne have arrived. I got to the apartment about an hour ago, and they were already in the post box. I think they will need a couple of washes before we use them, but they look gorgeous.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

oh well done Helen!

I think mine are in the post office but they can't find them :roll: Hopefully I'll get them monday.

Mousie
x
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

well, they have been through the wash, and I am impressed with their drying capabilities. Half an hour on the airer on the terrace was enough. They will need ironing though.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

That drying time is good to hear Helen!

Well mine arrived today (the ones from the white co) and I'm pleased as punch with the quality and size.
They're the length of a standard beach towel and quite wide so will easily cover a standard sun lounger, and although they're thinner than a traditional towel, with no pile, they don't feel cheap. They're like a thin woven cotton (so you can feel the weave) and yes could look trendy if worn as a sarong!

I got 10 in the end and due to their lack of bulk I can easily store them, which I'm pleased about.

Hammam Mousie
x
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Ones at White Co seem to have finished. The ones I found elsewhere were rather on the expensive side (£34 for a bath towel). Anyone knows where in the UK I can find any? I quite fancy some with tassels
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

I'm resurrecting this very old thread because I've just bought some Hammam towels from Matalan which I think are lovely. They're in pretty colours (pink, aqua, acid yellow and navy). Normally £6 each, currently on 2 for £8. 140 cm by 70 cm. Their version has a terry finish on one side.

http://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail ... 0cm-x-70cm
Aldo

Post by Aldo »

Thanks for the tip N&T. Much appreciated.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

Oh this is an old thread :D

And those Matalan ones look a super price.

Mine are still going...and never did fade. I use them as throws, towels even a tablecloth. In the end they proved a bit too 'different' for our guests so I went back to traditional towels but these days I think that style of towel is a bit more known.

They were great for washing, drying and storing and given the ones on the link also have towelling then that's a perfect combination.

Mousie
x
susanj

Post by susanj »

I couldn't find them on that site but they sound like a good idea.
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

susanj wrote:I couldn't find them on that site but they sound like a good idea.
https://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detai ... 0cm-x-70cm

try that link.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

My La redoute ones are mentioned above and are still going strong. We use them in the summer mainly, although occasionally guests will forget to bring pool towels and M will give them those.