Booking.com Availability Glitch

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
josid

Availability glitch

Post by josid »

Hi, I had the same problem with one of my rooms on Booking, and seems it was around the same time.

I had closed off all 3 rooms for 10 days in August, 9 days in September, and 9 in October, because I would not be around for one reason or another, and one of these days I had privately booked out all 3 rooms. I first received a booking for 4 days which overlapped my trip to Barcelona. Luckily my husband is still here so will have to cope (he doesn't speak French!). I had to ask one guest to cancel their booking, because we will be on holiday elsewhere, and the third problem was an overbooking for the first night of a 4 night stay, so I had to find elsewhere locally for the customer for one night and have agreed to reimburse the difference in cost.

I would be inclined to say that it was a Booking.com glitch, as I may have made one error, but not four, in sequence, all for the same room! I didn't bother contacting Booking.com admin because it would be impossible to prove, and now I'm worried sick in case it happens again, so have no choice but to keep checking all of my room's unavailability.