Pillow 'Ticks' for French Square Pillows

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
GillianF

Pillow 'Ticks' for French Square Pillows

Post by GillianF »

Not to do with rental accommodation but I feel sure someone here can help.

Our son moved from one apartment to another and stored a couple of French square pillows for a while in a place which was not ideal. The pillow covers are now quite badly stained with damp/mildew/mould. Son and his girlfriend have wrinkled their noses up at the state of these pillows.

In an effort to save them some money equipping a new apartment I offered to wash the pillows and 'see what can be done'. I have washed the pillows with Vanish and bicarb and they have come cleaner and smell fresh enough but they aren't fit for a bed.

The 'stuffing' is clean and sweet smelling so I just need to find some new covers for the old stuffing and make them good as new.

Does anyone know where I can buy/order suitable 'ticks' for French square pillows?
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

Amazon.fr have a selection (of taies oreillers)...some inexpensive zip-covered ones...although new pillows are quite cheap too...
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Thanks for the suggestion - should have thought of it myself!

Yes, I know pillows are relatively cheap but I'm trying to instill a less 'throw away' attitude in them both .........
vacancesthezan

Re: Pillow 'Ticks' for French Square Pillows

Post by vacancesthezan »

GillianF wrote:Not to do with rental accommodation but I feel sure someone here can help.

Our son moved from one apartment to another and stored a couple of French square pillows for a while in a place which was not ideal. The pillow covers are now quite badly stained with damp/mildew/mould. Son and his girlfriend have wrinkled their noses up at the state of these pillows.

In an effort to save them some money equipping a new apartment I offered to wash the pillows and 'see what can be done'. I have washed the pillows with Vanish and bicarb and they have come cleaner and smell fresh enough but they aren't fit for a bed.

The 'stuffing' is clean and sweet smelling so I just need to find some new covers for the old stuffing and make them good as new.

Does anyone know where I can buy/order suitable 'ticks' for French square pillows?
If the covers are just of good quality albeit stained have you tried washing them with a Javel pastille as well as the usual washing powder? These are readily available in any supermarket. This may well rid of the stains.

Otherwise why not buy or make some pretty cushion covers and make some shatter cushions. Then treat the youngsters to some new pillow? Then you please everyone.

VT
bornintheuk

Re: Pillow 'Ticks' for French Square Pillows

Post by bornintheuk »

vacancesthezan wrote:
GillianF wrote:Not to do with rental accommodation but I feel sure someone here can help.

If the covers are just of good quality albeit stained have you tried washing them with a Javel pastille as well as the usual washing powder? These are readily available in any supermarket. This may well rid of the stains.

Otherwise why not buy or make some pretty cushion covers and make some shatter cushions. Then treat the youngsters to some new pillow? Then you please everyone.

VT
Shatter cushions just right for ado's :P
What would Plato do ?
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Some good/alternative ideas there - thank you.

As son and girlfriend are just about to re-locate and hoping to get a two bedroom apartment I will ask them if they'd prefer spare pillows or scatter cushions covered to match new decor ....