Cleaning Costs

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Hi Brokenbane,

Our 3 bed sleeps up to 7 as we have a pull out full size trundle bed, that does push the cost up a little as there is setup time and more bedding.

I think our cleaners work pretty hard for the money. The cost of living in the west country is probably a lot less than the Cotswolds.
Brockenbane

Post by Brockenbane »

zebedee wrote:I've just taken a look at the 2 bed property. You do have a lot out on display that would need to be dusted (possibly even using a ladder). So your costs, plus the fact that you advertise as "luxury" should be higher that some.

However, 10.5 hours is more than a standard working day. Are they doing the garden as well in that time????
Have you thought of popping in sometime unexpectedly to see exactly what is going on?

Edited to add - how do you manage a same day changeover?? Or even a following day changeover if guests leave by 10am the cleaner surely isn't there till 8pm that night?????
No, 3 of them for 3.5 hours each!
Brockenbane

Post by Brockenbane »

ianh100 wrote:Hi Brokenbane,

Our 3 bed sleeps up to 7 as we have a pull out full size trundle bed, that does push the cost up a little as there is setup time and more bedding.

I think our cleaners work pretty hard for the money. The cost of living in the west country is probably a lot less than the Cotswolds.
Yes but we're paying £14 inc. NI, Holidays etc.
COYS

Post by COYS »

Brockenbane wrote:
zebedee wrote:I've just taken a look at the 2 bed property. You do have a lot out on display that would need to be dusted (possibly even using a ladder). So your costs, plus the fact that you advertise as "luxury" should be higher that some.

However, 10.5 hours is more than a standard working day. Are they doing the garden as well in that time????
Have you thought of popping in sometime unexpectedly to see exactly what is going on?

Edited to add - how do you manage a same day changeover?? Or even a following day changeover if guests leave by 10am the cleaner surely isn't there till 8pm that night?????
No, 3 of them for 3.5 hours each!
Maybe just me .... but £11/hr x 10.5 (£115.00) would be a fair bit less than we pay for 3 beds (inc laundry). If they are doing a thorough job that you are happy with I don't see too much of a problem there. We are on a fixed rate & if I'm honest I'd be over the moon if I thought they spent anywhere near that time earning it, but don't get me started!!
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Annieb

cleaning costs

Post by Annieb »

I pay my housekeeper 70 pounds for a changeover and on top of this we pay for laundry costs. She drops the linen off at the laundry and collects it when ready. We have a 2 bedroom bungalow with a shower room, bathroom and a utility and sunroom.
We also pay the housekeeper an extra twenty pounds to mow the lawns and sweep the patio and whatever bits need doing. So far she is doing a fantastic job and is happy to take deliveries for us and do anything extra that is required. If she has to do any extras I will pay her for them as I do not want her to feel that we are taking advantage of her.
Before I got the housekeeper I spoke to a cleaning company who said expect to pay approx. 10 percent of your weekly income on cleaning with the laundry on top of that.