Last minute request to change dates

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
emmavix

Last minute request to change dates

Post by emmavix »

I'm a newbie, have had 3 bookings so far this summer. Current booking ends tomorrow then I have a booking from Weds 23rd - Weds 30th of August. I'd tried to set a consistent Friday changeover day but failed to do that on Homeaway so this booking slipped through.

I've booked a cleaner to get everything ready in Tuesday & someone to meet & greet on Wednesday as I'll actually be on holiday. I've cut the holiday slightly short to be back for check out. The booking was made 3 weeks ago & I have just heard from the guest who says she made a mistake with dates & would like to change to Sat 26th - Sat 2nd Sept. We have no booking after the 30th so in theory I can change her booking & maybe I can get someone in for a few days between tomorrow & next Saturday.

BUT - it means I need to clean tomorrow just in case I get a last minute booking so I need to cancel the cleaner & my meet & greet person with less than a week's notice. I'm not sure whether I can get anyone to meet & greet next Saturday & I will be away from this Sunday so have very little time to arrange everything.

So do I:
(a) Just change dates, smile sweetly, accept any small loss if I need to pay cleaner/meet & greeter, hope one of them can help next Saturday or guest will be happy with no meet & greet
(b) Change dates with a small additional fee to cover above costs (£50 or so?)
(c) Offer to extend their booking at a reduced cost so their booking runs from the 23rd - 2nd?
(d) Something else?

Thanks

Em