OD/HA return of security deposit fiasco

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Dusty

OD/HA return of security deposit fiasco

Post by Dusty »

I have been concerned for a while that guests weren't receiving their security deposits via OD/HA. I had set it up that they would be automatically returned 7 days after the guest leaves unless I say otherwise but checking with OD/HA today and they confirmed that they weren't being returned. Apparently I needed to complete a direct debit mandate form before they could refund the money, something they couldn't be bothered to tell me about!
Then to cap it all they have got the wrong DD mandate form on their website and they needed to email me the correct form.

As you can imagine I am not impressed and have let my guests know exactly what I thought of OD/HA, after apologising for the delay in returning their money to them of course.

I only got 3 bookings through OD/HA this year so am seriously thinking that I can survive without them next year.
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

I don't let HA/OD take my security deposits, instead I take them direct 1 day before arrival and refund departure day or next. Yes, I'm a control freak but my guests are happy.

TripAdvisor don't let me do that but the few rentals we have had through them, guests seem happy enough with their 7 day refund policy. I didn't have to set up any direct debit or anything as TA hold the money and refund it.
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
Martha

Post by Martha »

Ditto - they messed this up with me too. Don't let them deal with the deposit!
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix