when a booking overlaps a price increase

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
zebedee

when a booking overlaps a price increase

Post by zebedee »

I wonder if you could all help me. I have not got a booking for October half term week (as yet, although it is usually popular).

My October rates are lower than the half term week, and I have had 2 enquiries, one for a short break starting the Thursday before and vacating the Monday of half term, and a second one starting the Monday before half term for either 6 or 7 nights, which would mean that the Saturday / Sunday nights of half term are included.

How would you calculate the price? on the cost of the day the break starts at, or would you adjust the prices to make up for any loss of the half term days?

(I would expect to be able to fill the remaining days, so wasn't looking to make a killing with the prices I quoted, just the costs pro rata from my weekly prices. My website says I only take 7 days bookings half term week, but judging from other enquiries throughout the year no one seems to read these statements. The first enquiry, I heard nothing back from for a few weeks, then they rang and said they definitely wanted to book, so guest and bank details were exchanged but some days later they emailed to say they found somewhere cheaper. The second enquiry have not responded to the price, and I intend to chase that up now).

NB I am not the most expensive cottage in the area.
jafa

Post by jafa »

I charge the day rate, so if its 3 at the lower and say 2 at the higher, that's what I do.
Jafa
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

That's what I did. :( :(
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

Just in the same dilemma but made worse as I had not ticked the short stay rates in PIMS for that week as I had it blocked as a minimum 7 nights.

We just got a booking request starting halfway through half term and they got quoted a pro rata winter week rate (2/3rd of what it should have been). The price listed on my web site is correct only the PIMS quote was wrong. I have informed them of the error and asked if they still want to book. Will have to wait and see if they still book.