Premier Cottages

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
Jenny C

Premier Cottages

Post by Jenny C »

Is anyone a member of Premier Cottages who can comment upon whether the high cost of membership produces bookings for them? We are due to get our star rating soon (premier cottages only takes 4 and 5 star UK properties) but are hoping to be at least 4 star. I have always used the Premier Cottages brochure to find rental properties to stay in as it is a good sign on quality - but it costs almost £2000 for a half page advert for a year - that's about a month's worth of bookings for us!
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

I've thought about them, but for that sort of cost they'd need to be providing enough bookings to give us 80 - 90% occupancy on their own, with no other sites required. (Eggs and basket springs to mind)

Once on their mailing list, they do send out some good stuff, but otherwise I'm not convinced that people will hit on them from normal search terms; they'd probably need to be on page 1 for any search including the term "holiday cottage".

They do seem to encourage cross-fertilisation for members, so it might be worth contacting a few advertising owners for their opinion and feedback.
Brockenbane

Post by Brockenbane »

It works for us, massively, but we have 12 properties and pay £4,500ish per year.
Jenny C

Post by Jenny C »

Thanks for the reply - we've actually been Premier members for 6 years now, and most of our bookings come through Premier. A good investment!
Brockenbane

Post by Brockenbane »

Then your original question puzzles me a little. What were you hoping to find out?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

The original post was 2011. :D
Brockenbane

Post by Brockenbane »

Hahahahahaha. That's weird - I asked for updates on certain subjects and of course they're not time limited. My piece of idiocy.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Brockenbane wrote:Hahahahahaha. That's weird - I asked for updates on certain subjects and of course they're not time limited. My piece of idiocy.
Nothing wrong with a bit of idiocy. It’s guests who think they’re clever that are a problem... :wink: