How many hours to perform a Changeover?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Martha

Post by Martha »

"The shower cabin is the biggest pain in the arse as it has black plastic wall on 2 sides which show every mark"

Try investing in a Karcher window vac for shower screens and smooth walls. They really are the biz for this kind of thing. Saves so much time!

I will try the bed making with two people next week and report back :)
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Circé

Re: How many hours to perform a changeover?

Post by Circé »

Tournesol, the link to your site (tournesolbandb.com) doesn't work so I couldn't take a peek at your room but does it really take you FOUR hours to clean one bedroom and one bathroom?????
If you had a whole house to clean and you had to pay cleaners to do it I bet you wouldn't want them to take that long!
The Olive Grove

Post by The Olive Grove »

Martha wrote:"The shower cabin is the biggest pain in the arse as it has black plastic wall on 2 sides which show every mark"

Try investing in a Karcher window vac for shower screens and smooth walls. They really are the biz for this kind of thing. Saves so much time!
The shower screens are my biggest bug bear too, but we have very hard water and so have calcium to remove. Would the Karcher do this?
Tournesol

How many hours to perform a changeover?

Post by Tournesol »

Any new equipment is not possible at the moment as we are operating on a shoestring budget! Hence one reason it takes a long time to clean rooms (including our own) since the steam mop packed up!
Also as we don't yet have many changes of bedding for the Superking and bunk beds I'm often also rushing round ironing things to go on the beds! Especially as we are dependent on the weather for drying, no tumble dryer.
And, as I said, I am a perfectionist!
We're currently updating the website so most of our info at the moment will be on b.com (Check out our triffids in the photos!) - not that we've had a single booking through the website, so we definitely need to do something!
What you've never had you never miss!
JanB

Post by JanB »

The Olive Grove wrote:
Martha wrote:"The shower cabin is the biggest pain in the arse as it has black plastic wall on 2 sides which show every mark"

The shower screens are my biggest bug bear too, but we have very hard water and so have calcium to remove. Would the Karcher do this?
I am definitely not "into" gadgets but the Karcher is an absolute boon and essential for shower screens and tiles in our hard water area. I wish I had known how briliant this little machine was years ago.

Highly recommended and I could not live without mine, it is as essential as a vacuum cleaner.
"It's a funny old world...." but full of the most amazing people. :-) Sense of humour essential!