Entering prices HA

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
dado1977

Entering prices HA

Post by dado1977 »

Can anybody help with entering prices in HA website
I have a problem to enter saturday-saturday with 7 days minimum stay. i have lost now one hour on the chat with them and they told me it is impossible I want :)
i just want to enter prices saturday-saturday with minimum stay 7 nights, Is somebdoy maybe manage to do it ?
With 999 other site we can do it normal except with them of course :)
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

This is exactly what I have got. It is not at all impossible. They are clueless. I am on VRBO. I am assuming that this is exactly the same layout as Homeaway.com or .uk.
Go to the page which says Manage Rates

Add a new rate – set to seasonal pricing

Season name (eg’Summer’). Starts x month Ends x month. Min stay in drop down- 7 nights Don't enter nightly rate, just put weekly rate.
Blue writing below that click down arrow by 'show advanced options'
Put changeover day as Saturday
Click on yellow ‘Add’ button.
Click on Save or Save and continue.
Little Villa

HA 7 nts price

Post by Little Villa »

Hi Dado

I think you have online booking, so that may be different from us, but we have Sunday arrivals and 7 nights minimum, so we put Sunday in the first date and Saturday in the last date, not the actual departure date, as it needs to be the correct number of nights. This might not be your problem, but just a thought.

In the past, I have called the Price Seasons 'Sunday Arrival', '7 Nights Minimum' and so on, as you can type anything into the name box, but with online booking I know it's different.

In actual fact, I think HA is a waste of time for us now, as we are on Subscription with no OLB or OLP either, and sometimes I can't find our house at all, so I can't think anyone else can, although we did get ONE booking for 2017. :roll:

One question from me - does anyone use iCal with HA? I read somewhere that this helps with your ranking, if on subscription with no online booking or online payments?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I use ical with OD, so by default with HA. It works brilliantly and I just give it a manual update every now and again in case it helps lift my listing up the ranks. It probably doesn't; I'm a naughty person who won't have online booking or payments so they can't get their service fees from my guests currently. :lol: