Report Fraudulant review to TA?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
cleanforum

Report Fraudulant review to TA?

Post by cleanforum »

I have my listing on TA via FlipKey.

Although I people can leave reviews fro me on TA, I am unclear as to how to contact TA regarding fraudulant reviews, if necessary.

The following text on their site yeidsl no active links for me. I suspect that is because I have my listing on TA through FK?

"How can owners alert TripAdvisor to potential fraud?
Please visit your Owners' Center. Under the section entitled “Manage reviews,” please fill out the “Dispute a review” form. We will research the complaint, and apply any necessary penalties. Send us the date, title of the review, and any other information that you feel may help us understand the situation. We appreciate the help from our tremendous community of loyal members."

Can anyone help with a way to report a fraudulant review to TA?
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Just an update to this for anyone following.

From what I can gather people in the same situation as me, that is, listed on Tripadiviser though Flipkey have no way to appeal against a fake review arriving on the tripadvisor site.

Tripadvisor owner members can but Flipkey owners can´t . This seems a dire state of affairs if true.

One owner says that the only chance to have any input at all is at the moment you are informed of a review that is going to be added and can add your own comments.

There is no management feed back to Tripadvisor as such or indeed to Flipkey. Meaning that the review will -always- be posted fake or not.

Does anyone have any input on this. Seems worrying to say the least.