refund

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
debbuck

refund

Post by debbuck »

Someone booked through Homeaway yesterday for the 8th September for 3 nights. It meant i would have a change over day on the 8th and the 11th. I contacted my cleaner to see if it was okay. The only time she was able to do the clean on the 8th was to have it ready for 6pm. The booking said this was no good to her, as she wants to arrive at 4pm. She wants me to refund the money, can i do this myself on the Homeaway page.
Jenster

Post by Jenster »

I assume you are using HA payments? Yes you can, assuming you have filled in the direct debit form which allows them to take refunds out of your bank account if necessary. I think they will require this even if no money has hit your bank account yet although obviously they won't take it out if it hasn't. You just go to the booking in the dashboard and there is an option to cancel and refund all payments. If you refund all payments the service fee to the guest and cc fees to you are also refunded. If you haven't filled in the dd form you can still hit the refund button and they will contact you to fill in the form (at lease that's what happened with me).