Stripe, PayPal , world pay but will they allow this....

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Sandra

Stripe, PayPal , world pay but will they allow this....

Post by Sandra »

Please, is anyone in a similar situation but succeeded ...
Tax Resident in France with gîte but because of our niche market we take sterling and only have UK guests. We would like to be able to send a secure email for people to pay by CC of debit but I have looked at stripe etc and when signing up they require UK address , OK so I used our daughters , all went well untill near final process which failed, I am led to believe they checked our name on the electoral roll. Is there a way around this , anyone .
So far personal PayPal looks to be the only one that allows simple transactions. Thank you.
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

You could try signing up with WaveApps. They give you an invoice creation platform and professional-looking front end but their processing is via Stripe. I seem to remember posts previously where others got Stripe accounts this way when they hadn't by signing up directly.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

Thank you. OK, so I shall try signing up to wave app and hope it won't filter me out because of wanting to use by UK bank account because of dealing in sterling only, but will have a French address. I will come back with how successful I have been. Thanks again.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

From what you say, Sandra, there appears to be a difference between wanting Stripe installed on a website and wanting it installed on a secure email, online invoice, or similar.

About two years ago, Stripe was installed on our rental's private website (for sterling card transactions) without a problem and we gave them our real Greek address. Certain European countries (not all) were then acceptable to Stripe; Greece was one and I think France was another.

I don't remember our tax residence status being an issue. They were more interested to check if I had a FB account! A lot has happened in the world, between then and now, relating to international banking and money transfers between countries and Stripe may have a different set of priorities now.