Facebook or Twitter?

Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, TikTok, etc.

Which social media platform would work best for a B&B in Scotland?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Facebook
100%
Twitter
No votes
Google Plus
No votes
Instagram
No votes

Total votes: 8

DCCSarahB

Facebook or Twitter?

Post by DCCSarahB »

Anyone already using social media to market a B&B in the UK? Which have you found the most successful?
Loving the power of social media for holiday home marketing
CSE

Post by CSE »

How about all and the ones you have missed off?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
DCCSarahB

Post by DCCSarahB »

casasantoestevo wrote:How about all and the ones you have missed off?
Know it's not an extensive list but they say it's better to master one or two first so stuck to the most used platforms rather than try to make an extensive list. Guess I should have added an 'other' option! What would you like to see on the list of options?
CSE

Post by CSE »

everyone of the so called "social media" platforms. That is our opinion.
However, as it looks as if everyone here is too shy to add comment for your survey. We will wait and see.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
DCCSarahB

Post by DCCSarahB »

All opinions valued. When it comes to social media, I don't think there is a wrong or right answer but would love to hear about people's experiences. Got a feeling it might vary depending on target audience of actual property. What do you think? Have you had equal results from all? I find Twitter helps with getting name know but Facebook can be better for an actual conversations.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

A quick throwaway response. I have all the social media platforms but can't keep up with them all and five properties. I've had facebook since the outset and use that a lot, within groups as well as my page. Twitter was good but they say it's had it's day. No idea in the truth of that. Instagram is the hot contender now; it certainly lends itself well as a visual medium to holiday places.

You will find yourself with a preference once you start using them. Plump for the ones you enjoy using, as anything that becomes a chore doesn't get done. If you can schedule posts then you'll probably be more productive. There are lots of management tools out there and that's a whole other topic. :)

I use them to drive traffic to my website and generally become reachable. You need google analytics on your website to track which works in driving traffic. I don't measure them in terms of actual conversions but as the longest established and most used by me, facebook brings the most traffic currently.
whirlybird

Post by whirlybird »

I would tend to agree Nemo. We have a couple of Facebook pages, both targeting different audiences but aimed at getting traffic to the website and updating previous or new guests as to what is happening in the area.

Not looked at Instagram at all, may be worth reading up about it.

Thanks
https://www.moorparks.co.uk/farm-stay-self-catering/
https://www.facebook.com/moorparks/
Moorparks Holiday Cottages Moorparks, EX19 8NA 07850 356627

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in the correct order as they should be!
russellt

Post by russellt »

Nemo wrote:Instagram is the hot contender now; it certainly lends itself well as a visual medium to holiday places.
+1

That's why I spent the time hooking HolidayViews Direct up to Instagram. You can now feed your Instagram images into your HVD listing.
Everything the traveller needs to be confident in booking direct(and avoiding those fees!)

http://www.holidayviewsdirect.com/artic ... dfeed-link
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage