Lay My Hat home page Lay My Hat Forum
The forum for holiday rental owners

FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups    RegisterRegister  
  ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Re: None website bookings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rotaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: None website bookings Reply with quote

Hi, I not got a website to advertise my holiday let as the garden not finish as yet 'another couple weeks' I have had a couple booking last and this year, Looking at the memberlist on this forum there more members that not got website like myself and I just wonder how they get bookings, the bookings I had have been from close family and friends, I don't really want to involve letting agency, how are members getting bookings without website or using agency. rotaman
zebedee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a good local tourist information office, you should get some enquiries by leaving leaflets there about your property.
However, things have moved on a lot in very recent years, and people booking in and from the UK like to be able to look at photographs and information on a website.

Setting up your own website is really not difficult if you use a website design from Promote My Place (I can give you a discount code) and it is not expensive (about 70 per year).
More than 50%of my bookings and enquiries come from an internet search, so no agent used.

Other than that, I have put occasional posters in shops local to where I live when I have had a gap that I have wanted to fill, but this is all very much like hard work and unreliable.

If you want to be able to claim small business rate relief I don't see how you can do this without either a website or an agent, and that is quite a saving for your costs that you are giving up.
rotaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good help to me Zebedee, might just go for the website as my let is nearly ready now and good to go.
kg1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another vote for PMP - very easy to set up & looks professional.
JanB

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also recommend Promote my Place - see my new website under separate topic.

After years of using sn expensive company to do my websites, I could not be more pleased with PMP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Lay My Hat Forum Index -> UK & Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: