Clickstay.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Lets Go To Puglia

Clickstay.com

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

Does anybody list with Clickstay.com (formerly VillaRenters), if so, do you get good enquiries / bookings from them?
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

We listed with them. Got 2 bookings the first year - both smokers in a no smoking property - and nothing subsequently. We didn't renew for a 3rd year. Because they charge so much commission, we either had to take a loss or hike our prices.... We did like the way you get brief details of the enquirer i.e. age range and gender which helped to decide whether to accept the enquiry or not.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
Codliveroil

Post by Codliveroil »

I listed in 2014 and had 2 weeks, 1 week in 2015, 2 weeks in 2016 but nothing in 2017. I am on commission.
Lets Go To Puglia

Post by Lets Go To Puglia »

Thanks for you replies. I guess there is no harm in listing on a commission basis and see happens
Ciao, Debbie

Puglia Holiday Villas Facebook Page
---------------------
It's not the things you did you look back on and regret it's the things you didn't do!
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

We originally listed with Villarenters back in 2005 and used to channel all our bookings through their system as we only had to pay a credit card handling fee. Then they sold out to the Daily Mail Group in 2006, costs went up and since 2010 we only have received 1 booking from them. In 2014 they became Clickstay. But like several other sights, we automatically update the calendar via ICAL and update the photos, some of the text and the rates once a year in hope that we may receive a booking from them. Therefore it's not a site that works for us anymore.
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

I have been listing with them for almost one year. Many visits on the property profile, but never a single enquiry