HL going the way of HA

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Ben McNevis

HL going the way of HA

Post by Ben McNevis »

It's my renewal time for HL. The price has jumped from £478.80 last year to £598.80 now. I phoned for an explanation and I was promised an email to explain. Even though we all knew that this was coming, the content is still alarming:
Our subscription package right now allows you to avoid commission costs and interact with guests outside of our monitored inbox system. To take advantage of this you will need to pay a fee that allows us to achieve a similar return to that expected from our FREE listing advertisers.

A final thing to bear in mind would be that we are continuously updating the features of our subscription product and over the next couple of years you will see this product become more similar to our FREE listing product with mandatory online booking and similar terms. This is because our travellers prefer to book online.
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Whoops! That's me out then!

Ben - do you mind is I share this?
Ben McNevis

Post by Ben McNevis »

Do share. Of course!
Cheers, Ben
www . scotland-cottage.com www . scottish-cottage.com

Visiting Glenrothes? It's one of your Fife-a-day
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

I was in a similar situation. Subscription ended and I ignored all the phone calls and emails trying to get me to renew.

Just now I got the following email:

We have successfully changed your account from an annual subscription to a free listing. Now, you'll just pay a small commission on each booking you receive rather than a fixed annual amount.

WTF!!!!

Now I will have to spent time which I don't have to sort this out. Goodness knows what will happen if somebody makes a booking and it affects my supercontrol system.

To be fair, I think my listings are still deactivated, so maybe no emergency.