No Smoking Alarms recommendation

Services offered by owners that are relevant to the business of rentals.
Zur Alten Weinkelter

No Smoking Alarms recommendation

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

Has anyone had any success in deterring guests from smoking in their properties
I have 4 studio apartments all listed as non smoking with all the OTA's , our personal website and all marketing sites we also have details in each guest information book located in each apartment along with a small sign on the back of the apartment doors
And each apartment is fitted with a standard smoke alarm on the ceiling for part of the fire procedure.
However this season i have caught 4 groups of guests smoking in the apartments and had to pull them up on this with the latest guests who aparently are stating that they did not know it was no smoking ( the accomodation was booked as a gift by their son who did not inform them ) when i pointed to the door sign and notice in the book look at me with some embarrassment however they check out in the morning and the son is going to collect them so i will explain the situation to him with the aim of getting something towards the cost of extra cleaning and thankfully the house is still standing

So moving on as the main season is approching its end i have decided to look for more sensitive alarms especially for smoking for next season has anyone used this type of alarm with success and i am also going to add a policy for if guests are caught smoking for example a cost to cover cleaning and or replacement of items plus as my property is of a historical importance over 500 years old possibly a termination of their rental as i would shudder at the thought of the house going up in smoke
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower