Have OD/HA dropped Yapstone for payments?

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Oldhacker

Have OD/HA dropped Yapstone for payments?

Post by Oldhacker »

I did not renew with HA/OD in July but received the following email in August which suggests that Yapstone (HRP) has been ditched and that they are now handling payments in house. Has anyone else seen this or have any idea what has happened? I have not seen any other comment on it.

Your payments account has successfully transitioned from HolidayRentPayment to HomeAway. This important update will help us better serve you.

All payments for booking requests and reservations that you received before the transition will still be processed through HolidayRentPayment. Don’t close your HRP account until all of those payments and refunds are complete. You will still need to contact HRP for questions about those transactions.

All payments for reservations made from this point forward will be disbursed through HomeAway. Unless you make a change to your bank account information, deposits will continue to the same bank account.

You can find more information about the transition to HomeAway Payments here.

Thanks,
Team HomeAway

Payments provided by HomeAway.
ManxRed1

Post by ManxRed1 »

Interesting. What is on the link when you click 'here'?

It wouldn't surprise me. When I was investigating two incidences where two of my clients were effectively scammed out of the Traveller Service Fee when OD activated online booking and online payments without my consent and two people booked before I noticed this, everything I read and researched about Yapstone screamed 'dodgy'.