Holiday Lettings (Trip Advisor) RANT!!!

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
bobbie diamonds

Holiday Lettings (Trip Advisor) RANT!!!

Post by bobbie diamonds »

Quite upset with the way Holiday Lettings have treated me I have decided to take my property of their website. Yesterday I had 2 bookings, 1 from Holiday Lettings and 1 from AirBnB, for the same weekend. I believe this happened because both their calendars only refresh 2 times a day so 1 calendar did not see the other had a booking because it hadn't refreshed in time, hence the double booking. I called Holiday Lettings to cancel the booking but they said they can but with a penalty fee... £120!!!!!!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing!! They would not have lost out that much with the cancellation so why would they charge me so much??? When I asked they just told me it was part of their T's & C's and there was nothing they could do about it. AirBnB on the other hand couldn't be more acommodating. They cancelled the booking with no issues or penalties. I couldn't be happier with their customer service. Holiday Lettings were trying to rip me off for an issue that wasn't of my making. AirBnB on the other hand seem to deal with problems on a case by case basis regardless of their own terms and conditions, which is how it should be. Holiday Lettings couldn't care less about my issue, they didn't want to know.
Thank you AirBnB and good ridance to Holiday Lettings!!!!!!
JP

Post by JP »

This has always been the HL policy £120 or what they would have made in commission whichever is the greatest.
bobbie diamonds

They would have made only £15 in commission, which makes the £120 penalty fee seem rather harsh. Money grabbers.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

How can their commission only be £15? or was the break very low cost?
bobbie diamonds

It was actually £20, and yes it was £130 For 2 nights. So to charge me £120 fee is extortionate in anyone's book, regardless of their terms ect. They should take a leaf out of AirBnB's book and listen to their host before hitting them with a large fee.
JP

Post by JP »

£120 or £15 whichever is the greatest, unfortunately thats what you signed up to.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Leave it on HL but take off instant bookings. I am on both sites but would never allow instant bookings. Just because of the sort of situation you had & also I want to know who is trying to book before I accept.
russellt

Post by russellt »

kyreniagirl wrote:I want to know who is trying to book before I accept.
+1
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I became aware of Holiday Lettings expensive cancellation fees when some building work took far longer than anticipated in Jan 2016. In the end the guests kindly agreed to postpone their visit without going through HL.

Personally I wouldn't risk Instant Book on more than one site..

At the moment I am trying out having it enabled on AirBnB