A change of direction

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
e-richard

A change of direction

Post by e-richard »

From a VERY old website, originally built in MS FrontPage and intended as a multi-property website which then reduced to one property mish-mash of styles and confusion, I have tried something new, bold, minimalistic and modern.

Presenting OurCarvoeiro - the new one

I'll probably be adding new content in due course, but do you think it's on the right track or not ?
Any and all views welcome.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Igor

Post by Igor »

At a quick look: very appealing!

The things I particularly like are the "Who is going to sleep where" and the pictures showing handwritten guestbook.

The only thing that wouldn't appeal to me is "those in the know" which makes me feel inferior as I'm not in the know! That's probably just a personal interpretation which you can ignore.

If you have a facebook page for the property, I would add a link to that. If you have a Google MyBusiness page, you can link to your reviews too.
Igor lives in Fort StaySavr, a secret location high in the mountains
Pixiepower

Post by Pixiepower »

It looks good,and nice to have a light hearted and individual feel to the website.
Might be worth reviewing the prices for 1st December to 31st March- currently showing as £0 per week- I see those are booked out though so won’t be a problem and I guess probably deliberate.
NeatandPicky

Post by NeatandPicky »

Oops - unfortunate typo... balcony overlooking the poo

Apartment and website looks clean, fresh and uncluttered. Lovely photos too.

As a devotee of Alan Egan, I'd suggest putting more about Carvoeiro and the local area on the home page because guests search for a location or resort first before accommodation.
COYS

Post by COYS »

This is my kind of website. Clean & informative & free of annoying 'dynamic' content which I hate. Nice balance of words & pics overall but could possibly use a little more text on the home page to introduce/promote the area to first time visitors? I've been told it helps with SEO as well. The colour floorplan is very effective.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Thanks to all for constructive comments so far. I've tweaked a few things already in response.

Interestingly, in the penultimate version of this new website. I had the WHOLE of the "Carvoeiro" page all inside the Home page, but it started to feel very long. Nonetheless I will attempt to take on board the comments so far and add some more info about the area to home page.

In some way this also addresses Igor's issue about the cognoscenti. About 3/4 of my guests have actually been to Carvoeiro before, so in addressing this market, I felt less of a need to sell the town and more emphasis on the facilities and location within. Oh well, a bit of a balancing act now needed.
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
declanja

Post by declanja »

It is a very well presented and clean fresh looking website and I think all the details are there. My only suggestion is that the "book now" button appears too early on the first page. If I was looking for somewhere I would not click on it until I had read more and looked at the photos. It may seem like you are putting pressure on the viewer too early!

Declan