A professional finish on my shower screens

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
GillianF

A professional finish on my shower screens

Post by GillianF »

I need advice on shower screen cleaning.

We've always had simple tiled cubicles with shower curtains.

Now, we have up-graded to cubicles with sliding shower doors to enclose the cabin - all very modern.

How can I get that pristine, good as new, no mark/streak look when cleaning?

My first attempt was to spray with anti-calc and then get in the shower, close the door and wipe everything with a damp cloth. I waited a while (few minutes) and then wiped again with my damp cloth. It looked OK but when I went back later it wasn't crystal clear and I don't think it would be good enough for guests.

I need advice to get that professional, 'hotel' clean look.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I haven't tried it but apparently dishwasher rinse-aid works well on shower screens to get rid of scum. Or just try white vinegar in water with just a little washing up liquid, wiped off with an e-cloth. Good luck!
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Sanchisimo

Post by Sanchisimo »

We are now on our second Karcher widow vac (we wore the first one out). We love it!
petitbois

Post by petitbois »

Karcher window vac -great for tiles & windows too
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

I would agree with the Karcher but also get good results using a window cleaning spray and kitchen paper after the anti calc.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

In the days before Karchers, I got good results with one of those rubber squeegies that window-cleaners use.

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

A damp cloth will undo the work of the anticalc - it basically recoats the shower screen with a thin layer of limescale which will only be visible once it's completely dry. I use an anticalc spray on all 6 of our shower cubicles, but with a dry cloth - never had a smear problem.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

For our shower screens, I use a pre-used one of those small sponges with the green scouring pad on the back, a bottle of undiluted white vinegar and plenty of arm exercise. If there's loads of shower soap scum, particularly on the floor adjacent to the shower tray inside the shower screen, I use a kitchen de-greaser!
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

I don't have access to a Karcher but can try the other suggestions and apply more elbow grease!

Thank you.
PW in Polemi

Post by PW in Polemi »

Sorry, forgot to specify that after the vinegar, I wipe it off with a soft cloth (those old tea towels are very handy). If you leave the vinegar to dry, it will leave "rain spots", just as will water. The reason for using the sponge/scourer combination is so that if the watermark is persistent, the scourer side can be used, and if it's a pre-used sponge, then the scourer is not strong enough to scratch the shower screen.
Dogs have masters. Cats have slaves!