Homeaway - guest cancelation

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
dado1977

Homeaway - guest cancelation

Post by dado1977 »

Sorry if there was already similar problem with Homeaway but every day i get some surprise from them so I want to share with you :)

I am on subscription payment with online booking activated. i dont have activated online payments.

So yesterday i received reservation request for two weeks in july.
i confirmed and send the guests info about payment. if i understand well in the moment i accepted the booking service fee is charged on credit card of the guest.
Today i got email from guest that they dont want to pay me and they want to cancel reservation. i get into chat with HA support. And now there goes interesting part. So now it is my problem to "force" the guest to make cancellation of reservation. I asked HA service why is this my problem now??
So basically guests reserved and without reason just cancelled and now i have a problem because i can not cancel this reservation in calendar without guest approval. They told me that i can make cancellation in system but that means it is all my fault and i am sure there are some consequences if i do that:) What a crazy situation.

On the end of 20 minutes conversation all seems that my only problem was because i did not activate online payments becouse than they will charge the guest immediately:)

thanks once again HA for great system you have made!
ManxRed1

Post by ManxRed1 »

They want full control over the booking when it all goes well, but none whatsoever when it all goes belly up.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

ManxRed1 wrote:They want full control over the booking when it all goes well, but none whatsoever when it all goes belly up.
+1. That's about the long and the short of it.