Tax de Sejour & Booking.com

For everything specific to B&Bs as opposed to holiday rentals.
yer tis

Tax de Sejour & Booking.com

Post by yer tis »

Hello all
Wondered if any LMH friends could help, I have just signed up for Booking.com to take payment for me as some guests were a bit miffed when it came to paying, they seem to think that because they have given B.com their card details then they don't need to pay me,which I found embarrassing, so that's why I have decided to go down that road, but as I advertised the price not to include TDS what will happen now, will I ask guests for the TDS or should I add it into the cost of the room will mean B.com will take more commission :roll:
Sorry, if this is a bit long winded, just wondered how you would tackle this?
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

While it's annoying to deal with small amounts of money, I would ask your guests to pay the tds on arrival. Otherwise, as you say, BC will (very wrongly, in my opinion) charge commission, leaving you out of pocket. Also, if your tds rules are the same as ours, not everyone pays, (namely under 18s in our commune) , so the amount BC charges, e.g. a family, will frequently be wrong.
Happy Days

Post by Happy Days »

Hi Yer tis
I agree it is difficult with b.com, people arrive and you never know
until they are about leave how the embarrassing moment is going to go. This has been our first year and you were very helpful and encouraging. Our price is inclusive of the tds. We thought it difficult to ask for it separately. We are amazed and surprised that people don’t seem to read the conditions when they book. We only have 1 room and they expect credit card facilities, I politely say if we have this facility we would have to charge more. If they are French we will accept a cheque. We had some German guests for 3 nights and were convinced that they had paid by card.
It was very upsetting for us so they checked their bank and they realized we had not been paid and they paid cash.
We still prefer to be paid direct but I understand where you are coming from.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Booking as a standard sentence about local taxes not included. Even where, like us we do not have such a thing at the moment.
If your guests cannot read the T&Cs in Booking print off a copy to illustrate and explain to them.
A lot of of cities, countries have some sort of local tax. It is not Booking's problem neither is it yours.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
yer tis

Post by yer tis »

Thank you so much for your replies, they were all very helpful :)
Sue