Classement for gites

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

JP ... Exactly the same as your situation. I am replying before someone slaps you down in saying " that's not possible" 😀
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Same here.
JP

Post by JP »

Just to add to my post above I am in receipt of an injury on duty police pension and I declare this on my tax return, I have just checked and this along with having a 6 year old child gives me a reduction so that on the 29% I pay just 13.6% tax.
I didn't think about declaring this initially but I was advised to do so by someone on here I believe and it obviously works.
sueb

Post by sueb »

I believe this is the organisation that you need to register with and contact to enable an inspection visit for classification to be conducted:

https://www.classement.atout-france.fr

I think it is worth it if it is advantageous to anyone fiscally, but I am not sure whether it would actually help with increasing bookings?.
nijntje

Post by nijntje »

same here, no classification but till 71% abbatement ...dont know why, been doing this for 6 years now. dont slap me :P
relaxcheznous

Post by relaxcheznous »

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/part ... s-meublees

Section titled "Différence entre les chambres d'hôtes ou meublés de tourisme classés et les autres meublés"

"À compter des revenus de l'année 2016, les gîtes ruraux doivent être classés meublés de tourisme pour bénéficier du seuil de 82 200 € et de l'abattement de 71 %."

However, "classé" doesn't have anything to do with Gites de France or Clevances -

"Pour que le bien loué soit qualifié de « meublé de tourisme », vous devez déposer une déclaration spécifique à la mairie de son lieu de situation. Cette démarche est obligatoire. Pour certaines communes, vous devez obtenir une autorisation préalable de la part de votre mairie. Cf. le site de la Direction des grandes entreprises http://www.entreprises.gouv.fr/tourisme ... s-tourisme "

We declared our gites at the mairie several years ago when it became necessary to do so. Thus we declare the total rent on line 5NG of 2042C pro, and they deduct 71%.

Steve
jlaceysmith

Post by jlaceysmith »

It's so annoying how tax offices interpret the wording in different ways. I've always declared in box 5NG, but this year - despite producing my certificate from the Mairie declaring me as a meuble de tourisme - my tax office was adamant that this box is now only for meubles de tourisme which are classified by an organisation.

According to the official who checked my tax return (with a toothcomb) the key point is where the word "classés" appears. "Classés meubles de tourisme" apparently means classed as a meuble de tourisme. "Meubles de tourisme classés" (which is what is written on the tax return) means a meuble de tourisme which has been classified by an organisation. I'm classed by the Mairie as a MDT, but I'm not classified by an organisation. Therefore I was told that I had to use box 5ND which gives only the 50% abatement.

So I got a free grammar lesson and a tax increase of €780....
relaxcheznous

Post by relaxcheznous »

Although it contradicts something in my earlier post, I came across this in 2015; although rather old now, it does demonstrate the thinking of the authorities at the time when the 2016 changes were being formulated.
https://www.toutsurmesfinances.com/impo ... uraux.html
endurance

classement for gites

Post by endurance »

I have had the abatement of 71% for 20 yrs and I have never asked to be inspected or classed. I am off course registered correctly at the Mairie and the Tax office.
Jensen

Re: classement for gites

Post by Jensen »

endurance wrote:I have had the abatement of 71% for 20 yrs and I have never asked to be inspected or classed. I am off course registered correctly at the Mairie and the Tax office.
Yet another example of another area, region, tax office ! We also had the -71% abatement for 20 years with no inspection etc .. but this was taken away from us in 2015 ! It does'nt make much differance as a family with children we don't even make enough money to pay tax so paying the 180 euros to get inspected does'nt make sense !
nijntje

Post by nijntje »

Ok, so I am micro entreprise (auto entrepreneur) since 2011 for the gites (meublé de tourisme) its my maine income so LMP . we always got the 71% abattement since the start. I also pay the lowest rate of cotisations (13.1% vente de merchandise). This is how it was told to me at the tax office at that time. So very happy with that. But been reading all about the classification and now worried I might get in trouble if I dont have them inspected and classé. I also do more then the 32.000 euro so as I was told I can do up to 82.300 euro CA under AE.
Doing searches in google just brings more confusion. Does anyone know the correct answer to this? Do I have to have the gites inspected (classified) to keep getting the 71% abattement and be able to do more then 32.000 euro turnover? It has worked so far but I did read they will start checking in 2019 for this and go back 3 years...anyone knows? Thanks!!