Flagstone floors

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Cymraes

Post by Cymraes »

Sapper wrote:Thanks for the replies .lifting them and putting a concrete floor in is not an option really , we realise they will be cool underfoot but have decided to have them renovated as they are dry and will buy cosy rugs for areas where people sit

You may well find that isn't enough. I have flagstones myself at home laid directly on the ground. Even with rugs my feet were cold and they sucked all the heat out of the room.

I have double rugged - a large rug (aka as an old fashioned unfitted carpet!) with more rugs on top.
jimdonut

Post by jimdonut »

We have slate in one of converted barns , looks like its always been there . Personally i think if it adds to the charm and is original you should go with it.
Fleur

Post by Fleur »

If you have visitors using your flag stone property during the cooler months then why not suggest they bring their slippers.
Fleur
teapot

Post by teapot »

Fleur wrote:If you have visitors using your flag stone property during the cooler months then why not suggest they bring their slippers.
Don't forget their winter knee length socks as well.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
CSE

Post by CSE »

why just go for slippers and long socks? Tell them to take a pair for the cold WC seat.

Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
teapot

Post by teapot »

:lol: :lol: :lol: ROFL
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world