Owners Direct Account Deactivation

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
lasourcetranquille

Post by lasourcetranquille »

SW31 wrote: Me, I'm fed up with owners misleading people in the filters. I've seen quite a few gîtes stating they have a pool. You have to go right through the blurb to discover that the 'pool' turns out to be the municipal pool in their town. Sorry, but when a property states a pool, regardless if it's private or communist, I expect it to be on site.
Haha! Love it! I'm going to start looking out for communist pools now for all my holidays.. Let Corbyn in and all the UK ones will qualify! :lol: :lol:
COYS

Post by COYS »

Zingara wrote:What I did find interesting (and most of you had probably picked this up already) is that, it seems if you adopt online payments prior to your subscription expiring you should get 'immediate' as opposed to post-check-in payments (in the Help section)
News to me, do tell.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Zingara wrote:What I did find interesting (and most of you had probably picked this up already) is that, it seems if you adopt online payments prior to your subscription expiring you should get 'immediate' as opposed to post-check-in payments (in the Help section)
Plus if you subscribe to "alternative payment" prior to renewal your life will be SOOoo much easier if you dont want (or cant accept) the OLP.
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

As usual, I think they're having a fiddle with the site, as some of the Help pages are now blank!

Have a look at help Home / getting started / How do I get paid...

If you are linked with Holidayrentpayment there would seem to be a way to 'progress' to Advance payment...contacting them, if they are your 'provider' might be a way forward.

This is from my sign up confirmation e-mail:

"Congratulations! You have successfully activated payment processing via HolidayRentPayment. You will be able to accept online payments through your Owners Direct account within 24 hours of receipt of this email. Guest payments are deposited into your bank account within 5 - 7 business days depending on settlement times, which can vary by bank. To view your terms and conditions for payment processing, click here."

I would assume that, even though Yapstone have now taken them over, that the same option applies....but I could be wrong!
COYS

Post by COYS »

I read that as saying that if you had a HolidayRentPayments account from back in the HR days you 'may' (their favourite catch all) qualify for faster disbursement. No criteria for how one may or may not qualify & for newbies or those who were merged from elsewhere it'll be business as usual with delayed payment.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

I have now received an e-mail direct from Homeaway (as opposed to Owners Direct, who sent the last one and apologised for the system error 14.9.17) to say that my listing has been deactivated due to wording which is encouraging potential renters to book other than via their on-line platform....

Erm....I have a subscription listing without on-line booking...

The email also states not to contact Customer Services as they cannot deal with the issue, but to reply to their e-mail confirming that the offending wording has been removed.

They have not replied to (rather brusque) e-mail back, nor the e-mail from OD apologising for their error, which I forwarded...
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

:roll:
Zingara

Post by Zingara »

OK, so I removed the 'offending' phraseology, but they now won't reinstate the ad until I remove the 'phone number (as again, this might encourage people to book outside their platform...)

How are people supposed to talk to me?...just via the typed word , via the OD system, which will be censored as well, no doubt!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Yep it will definitely be censored Zingara. :roll:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
jafa

Post by jafa »

[quote="Zingara"]OK, so I removed the 'offending' phraseology, but they now won't reinstate the ad until I remove the 'phone number (as again, this might encourage people to book outside their platform...)
Tell them to remove THEIR telephone number as well, as I don't think its correct for any prospective clients to ring the Advertiser to discuss the intricate details of one of their adverts.
Jafa