Spreading the Book Direct Message

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
SusanMay

Spreading the Book Direct Message

Post by SusanMay »

Hi,

The other week I wrote a post for my website blog on the advantages of booking direct. The more we all try to spread the message the better so I thought I'd mention it here so that those of you with blogs could perhaps do a similar thing if you haven't already.

Here's my post to inspire you!!

https://westbaycottage.co.uk/why-book-d ... the-owner/

A couple of things to mention. The slightly blurry (as they are bigger here than intended I think) pictures are from Alan Egan's new Vacation Soup website giveaway. Some of the suggestions in the post I helped myself to from another LMH's website so thanks Jenster :D
SusanMay

Post by SusanMay »

Just had a thought. If you haven't the time at the moment to write your own post you could tweet or share mine on your accommodation Facebook page, it's pretty generic :D
COYS

Post by COYS »

Deja-vu.
I was at a loose end for a couple of days, looking at a thin calendar for next year, so had a similar idea albeit social media based rather than blog. But it certainly can't do any harm to spread the word. As an aside, it's encouraging to see that even some of the big hotel chains are actively pushing a book direct model as well. Different sector I know but the message is the same.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

A neat blog, SusanMay. I detect that there are many owners around (more than one thinks perhaps) who are so angry with the greed and bullying attitude shown by websites like Homeaway, Owners Direct and TripAdvisor that they do put 'pen to paper', one way or another, to warn holiday makers about how these sites operate. The more these owners do this, the more will guests become educated to know that there is another, better, way to book.