Italian owners-best websites to advertise our properties

For topics that are specific to Italy, please go here.
sarahk

Italian owners-best websites to advertise our properties

Post by sarahk »

Hi,
I'm a owner of a holiday house in Italy (North Sardinia). There are other italian owners in this forum?
Tips and suggestions about websites for holiday house rentals,
for european/international guests...other than TA- Airbnb- HA-HL- Bookings?
Waiting for opinions ;-)
Sarah
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

Hi Sarah,
I recently had a lot of bookings from Atraveo/TUI Villas. They charge a hefty 15% commission though. Other than that, a lot of bookings are coming through my own website.
Giuliano
sarahk

other websites...

Post by sarahk »

I'm also on Atraveo/Tui and E-domizil, both with commissions.
Some bookings (german people) but you HAVE to accept every booking request!

I would know about some other portals to advert my holiday house, for international guests.
Few results and any booking from A-gites and Seloger (for french guests) and no booking from some other german websites (eg . Ferienhausmiete)

Do you advert in the same websites? or where?
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

I advert on all major platforms: Homeaway (4 bookings in 9 months), TA (1 booking) Airbnb (4 bookings), Booking.com (2 bookings) Expedia (0). Atraveo is by far the site who is giving the strongest results (9 bookings), although, as I side, my own site is also taking a lot of bookings.
seaturtle

Re: Italian owners-best websites to advertise our properties

Post by seaturtle »

sarahk wrote:Hi,
I'm a owner of a holiday house in Italy (North Sardinia). There are other italian owners in this forum?
Tips and suggestions about websites for holiday house rentals,
for european/international guests...other than TA- Airbnb- HA-HL- Bookings?
Waiting for opinions ;-)
Sarah
Hi we are in Sicily & 50% of our 25/30 bookings come from Sawdays in the UK. Owners Direct now give us zero after previously giving us 90%.
Hope that helps.
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Giuliano wrote:I advert on all major platforms: Homeaway (4 bookings in 9 months), TA (1 booking) Airbnb (4 bookings), Booking.com (2 bookings) Expedia (0). Atraveo is by far the site who is giving the strongest results (9 bookings), although, as I side, my own site is also taking a lot of bookings.
Salve

We are in Sicily & I’m just wondering who does your SEO?

Thanks

ST
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

seaturtle wrote:
Salve

Thanks

ST
ciao,
no one really, I am doing a bit of optimization myself. Just yesterday got another booking directly from my website, 12 days in August.....
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Giuliano wrote:
seaturtle wrote:
Salve

Thanks

ST
ciao,
no one really, I am doing a bit of optimization myself. Just yesterday got another booking directly from my website, 12 days in August.....
Good for you happy days. I think I’ll get some professional help
Giuliano

Post by Giuliano »

seaturtle wrote:
Giuliano wrote:
seaturtle wrote:
Salve

Thanks

ST
ciao,

I think the key is that guests find my property on one of the portals, then search on the web for its specific name and this directs them on my website.
seaturtle

Post by seaturtle »

Giuliano wrote:
seaturtle wrote:
Giuliano wrote: ciao,

I think the key is that guests find my property on one of the portals, then search on the web for its specific name and this directs them on my website.
Ahhh... I get it. Thanks. I may have mentioned that Sawdays has worked well for us in the last few years though they are tinkering with their website & have plans for commission base which is a bit of a concern.

Any other listing sites that are working for you? I’m trying to attract more French guests