Car Chargers - Again

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
teapot

Post by teapot »

GillianF wrote:Yes, I was inclined to think your guests cancelled for a reason other than the one they gave you.
Maybe they worked out how many times they would have to drive out of their way to stop and pay for the silly electric car to recharge and that meant they'd miss the first two days of their holidays sitting at charging points and two more getting back :lol:
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

:D :D :D
GillianF

Post by GillianF »

Of course, you're right Teapot. The French have no clue and, therefore, don't know there is a problem which needs fixing .............
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

GillianF wrote:Of course, you're right Teapot. The French have no clue and, therefore, don't know there is a problem which needs fixing .............
Hmm yes, is it just me or is it hard to envisage a Frenchman in an electric car? Probably they're more numerous in the cities or in the north, but I cannot remember ever seeing one down here in the south.

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Moliere wrote: Hmm yes, is it just me or is it hard to envisage a Frenchman in an electric car? Probably they're more numerous in the cities or in the north, but I cannot remember ever seeing one down here in the south.

Mols
Almost all our postie vans are electric which, considering we're not exactly flat here in Haute Savoie is a fairly good advert for electric cars! DOn't recall seeing any private electric cars, mind...
GRL

Post by GRL »

Our French neighbour has one up here in Normandy. I also saw a car at a charging point that was from a home help organisation.
vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Moliere wrote:
GillianF wrote:Of course, you're right Teapot. The French have no clue and, therefore, don't know there is a problem which needs fixing .............
Hmm yes, is it just me or is it hard to envisage a Frenchman in an electric car? Probably they're more numerous in the cities or in the north, but I cannot remember ever seeing one down here in the south.

Mols
Spotted one in our village - just down the road from you in Thezan. It was being driven by a Frenchman. His job? Yes he is an electrician!

And yes we had a smile too.

All the posties now have electric bikes - doesnt seem to get the post delivered to us any quicker though
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Ah well, he's got an excuse (he's probably got a Mustang in his garage!)

Our posties use mopeds or conventional vans for the bigger stuff.

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.