Owners Direct ultimatum arrived today

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Tremewan

Just what we all suspected

Post by Tremewan »

I've just come off the phone to some lackie at OD/HA, as I needed help to (reluctantly) sign up for Online Bookings before being allowed to renew one of our (three) subscriptions with them.

She confirmed what we have all suspected for some time - that very soon OD/HA will be making Online Payments compulsory for anybody renewing their subs, or signing up for the first time.

I told her how disappointed I was that the company she works for no longer seems to support the owners in the title, and she said that Owners Direct is not the name of the company! I said I realised it was part of the HA empire but that there was still an Owners Direct logo on the top of the webpage I could see in front of me, and that I still regularly receive emails from various Owners Direct email addresses. She seemed totally unaware of this and, frankly, didn't seem to care.

I really cannot believe the flagrant disregard that awful company has for the property owners who pay a (not inconsiderable) subscription to remain listed with them. Unfortunately, they still get us the majority of our bookings and we cannot afford to leave their stranglehold until the newbies in the field have built up their businesses (I know, as I've tried several).