theholidaylet.com 40 for 2yrs.

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.

are you looking to advertise whilst maintaining control and direct contact with Customers

yes, looking for other options
96%
no, believe the commission model is the way to go and don't care who visits as long as they do.
4%

Total votes: 26

russellt

Post by russellt »

DevonRental wrote: bit of chicken and egg situation - guess they need income to allow to market
Exactly. Not easy, believe me! But I relish the upcoming challenge.

HVD is not really at that 'full-on go-to-market' stage yet. 2017 has been used to prove/refine the technology, and 2018 will be the year for marketing/building.

So, visit us, find out what we're about, then join us. It's a VERY flat fee for early adopters. (zero) :)
Web: https://yofftoo.com/property/esmes-cottage
Twitter/Facebook/Instagram: @esmescottage
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

FelicityA wrote:Their prices to list seem to be a closely guarded secret - could you give us a rough idea of the different tier rates please, Andrew?
Just from memory, there were three tiers priced per annum respectively at £199, £299 and £399. I went for the middle tier. The prices were based on the amount of exposure in their mailings and presumably also on their site itself. Expensive I think for a small site, but if Coolstays bring in some bookings every year then maybe worth it.

Initially, I understand, they started as a niche for those who can't wait to spend a fortnight's holiday in an enlarged barrel or an underground tunnel (I exaggerate), but as there is a limit to that sort of market Coolstays are taking on board more conventional holiday homes, as well as some really exotic ones.
FelicityA

Post by FelicityA »

Thanks, Andrew for that info. Maybe they make it up as they go along! I can't otherwise see the reason for not publishing their rates.

Thanks, also, Devonrental for the calendar suggestion. I find if I have to update each site manually then I am more likely to keep up to date with info on each site so although it is a bore (especially when someone cancels!) entering each site (and I am on many) to update I am doing a visual check that everything is OK. I frequently hear of people in danger of double booking because a site hasn't updated properly in the system. Also on sites such as AirbnB I only release a few very specific dates.
Sandra J

Post by Sandra J »

The Holiday Let website looks good but so many properties have not updated their calendars for months if not years. If I were a guest I would leave the site after looking at a few properties as I wouldn’t waste time looking at out of date information. It gives the impression that property owners have given up on the site and don’t bother to update their listing. Perhaps the low advertising cost coupled with the number of people who have been advertising free for a number of years is the problem. Prioritising properties with up to date calendars might help but I think the Owners of the site need to have a clear out and remove or rank lower in the searches the listings that are pulling a potentially good listing site down. For this reason I would not advertise with them at the present.
Little Villa

Post by Little Villa »

COYS wrote:
AndrewH wrote: I want to scream at THL to do some proper marketing. It's a great looking site and it's just what the market wants.
+1
+1
Joanna

Post by Joanna »

Recently got the first booking that I know definitely came from theholidaylet.com so fingers crossed things it's the first of many.
Jo

Joint owner of Baker's Cottage in Chester & Chandler's Cottage in Sidmouth