Telephone & Wifi Limiting Liability

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
CSE

Post by CSE »

Precisely, there have been no prosecutions and no proof that services have been cut. Due to this law. In reality this is a non subject/issue.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
La Bucaille

Re: Telephone & Wifi Limiting Liability

Post by La Bucaille »

HebrideanRock wrote:Hi,

So, after 'Hello' the first guest question is 'What's your wifi code ?'

We're setting up another property and contracting for broadband/wifi, and were seeking to bar outgoing calls on the phone-line (just in case someone brings a plug-in phone) to discover BT want £4.50/mth to stop someone using a phone line. Eh, no thank you BT, I'll choose risk management as cheaper !

We're looking at adding a clause to our T&C's to 'limit our liability' as regards someone plugging in a phone to our landline or/and using broadband inappropriately i.e. no phone calls & no using our system to view or download illegal/inappropriate material, no pop-up sex-lines/brothel (thx AirBnB for publicising this as a Guest opportunity), etc.

a) has anyone already drafted this type of thing;

b) we thought we'd make the contractee/renter liable for all parties use (mis-use);

and

c) Has anyone had any problems in B&B or SC in this area?

We're also going to change our B&B T&C's as we realised that it is our IP address that is going to be 'out there' !

Your thoughts appreciated

Thank you ---- Hebridean Rock
Hi,

We bought a "Fon for Bussiness" router,

https://fon.com/wifi-for-business-2016/

I think UK BT FON is the same but not sure!

our guests log in using "Their own personal e-mail adrresses" or their FB page. This system also logs the ip address of the device using the wifi. No worries and secure. One off small payment, no problems at all. I bought a second for my campsite as was so good.

Regards

M
CSE

Post by CSE »

I think a lot of accommodation in France use a similar package.
To log on always use a fake email it is non of there business what my email address is. Do not use fakebook.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
La Bucaille

Post by La Bucaille »

casasantoestevo wrote:I think a lot of accommodation in France use a similar package.
To log on always use a fake email it is non of there business what my email address is. Do not use fakebook.
You miss the point, We as owners do not get to see which e-mail address they use, but then again we already do as the customer has booked with us, it is for the provider of the wifi to follow up if unauthorized sites/downloads take place. That is why to use the system you have to log in with a "Valid" e-mail address. This is the same for the UK and globally. I have used a Fon connection whilst in the UK recently. I just logged in to the available fon spot with my details and voila.

All you as a property owner are doing, is setting up a "Public" wifi hotspot. The company, Fon, is secure and has ALL the follow up procedures set in place so you do not have the worry of doing this yourself. Once you as an property owner has done this then you as the hopspot provider gets connection globally to any available Fon hotspots out there.

You can set the amount of Free time to your holiday guests as you want from 30mins per day to 24hrs.

Hope this helps the OP a bit more

M