Wi-Fi, To Be or Not To Be.

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
teapot

Post by teapot »

newtimber wrote:Plusnet do cheap business broadband on a 24 month contract. From £18 a month.
That's who i'm with, good so far 2 weeks.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Plus net also are the providers for John Lewis internet.
BT hiked their prices so much after our initial contract that we changed provider.
They rate very highly on review research for customer service.
Drax

Post by Drax »

kyreniagirl wrote:Drax - is your property in Yorkshire Dales, if so can you put up your website as I will be looking soon for that area. Thanks.
kyrenagirl,
I have sent you a private message with details.
Keep your powder dry.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

zebedee wrote:Plus net also are the providers for John Lewis internet.
BT hiked their prices so much after our initial contract that we changed provider.
They rate very highly on review research for customer service.
Ours is John Lewis supplied by Plusnet. No problems in 2 years.
Drax

Post by Drax »

My wife now agrees to having Wi-Fi installed and I am considering having 'The Post Office' as my as my broadband provider.
Their rates seem quite competitive at £19.00 per month plus a £20.00 connection fee.
Keep your powder dry.
greenbarn

Post by greenbarn »

Drax wrote:My wife now agrees to having Wi-Fi installed and I am considering having 'The Post Office' as my as my broadband provider.
Their rates seem quite competitive at £19.00 per month plus a £20.00 connection fee.
Make sure that whatever you sign up to gives you a true unlimited service (if it’s available in your area, mutter mutter.... :cry: ). The last thing you need is to have the first guests of the month use the full allowance and for following guests to have nothing - or more likely, to have a drastically reduced speed, which is the one the suppliers don’t always tell you about in plain English (“Unlimited but subject to a Fair Use Policy” or similar).
Drax

Post by Drax »

greenbarn wrote:
Drax wrote:My wife now agrees to having Wi-Fi installed and I am considering having 'The Post Office' as my as my broadband provider.
Make sure that whatever you sign up to gives you a true unlimited service (if it’s available in your area, mutter mutter.... :cry: ). The last thing you need is to have the first guests of the month use the full allowance and for following guests to have nothing - or more likely, to have a drastically reduced speed, which is the one the suppliers don’t always tell you about in plain English (“Unlimited but subject to a Fair Use Policy” or similar).
Thanks for this advice greenbarn, I will do some investigating.
Keep your powder dry.
teapot

Post by teapot »

What's the term they use? Throttling?
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

It’s a very very good idea to check out online reviews before making a decision.
You need to explore customer service Independent feedback and how happy people are with the actual internet provision.

Sometimes the cheapest options are not always the best, but I’m sure you know this already.
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

If it's of any interest, Plusnet and John Lewis are Best Buy broadband providers on Which, and have been for a number of years.

In this, like anything else, you get what you pay for.

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
kathiejs

Post by kathiejs »

The price from rhe Post Office will almost certainly be on the assumption that there is a landline already installed. If you don't have a landline, double check all the quotes.
Drax

Post by Drax »

kathiejs wrote:The price from rhe Post Office will almost certainly be on the assumption that there is a landline already installed. If you don't have a landline, double check all the quotes.
There is a land-line already installed in the property and thanks everyone for all the further advice.
I have been reading reviews of the different broadband suppliers in my are and to be honest they all have a lot of negative comments from their customers.
Though the Post Office price is competitive greenbarn's comment regarding 'Fair Use', which is part of the Post Office deal, has made me 'cool' towards the offer.
I have BT Infinity at home and to date I am perfectly satisfied with them thus I am inclined towards BT, if I can 'haggle a cheaper deal from them.
Keep your powder dry.
teapot

Post by teapot »

Ah loyalty, it used to mean something years ago. Now it seems to mean Sucker! That's why I am on Plusnet, who are of course BT but they offered me a better deal than staying with BT.

So far so good, One big plus for me is UK call centre.
Kilm

Post by Kilm »

Don't touch TalkTalk with a bargepole. Virgin are also horrendous for customer service.

I'd class WiFi as critical and it'll cost you bookings.

My ISP decided to block my internet for a day and my guests were almost rioting after no internet, no Now TV, etc, etc.

:shock: