ING bank

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
CSE

Post by CSE »

There are two things that were worrying.
First you could not find anything with a search. Gave a link to the bank via Wikipedia. The first or second link that I got. ING have been a bank in the UK but due to the crisis sold those operations to Barclays. (so Wikipedia says) Supplying BIC and IBAN cannot mean anyone can access your bank account. That is the bit that is hard to understand. It is not like giving over CC details and then those details being cloned. That is why CC details must be stored in a secure manor.
The second point is your bank could have stopped your concerns. Above was a link to one banks details on this subject. No doubt others have the same information on their websites.

This has also been discussed before on LMH. Just a few examples:

viewtopic.php?t=24856&highlight=iban
viewtopic.php?t=18881&highlight=iban
on this one I also ask what is unsafe with bank transfers
viewtopic.php?t=17224&highlight=iban.

This method of money transfer is not new, however, entrepreneurs should investigate the newer ways of undertaking transfers. So they stay on top of the game and do not get scammed.

Only asked the question because bank transfers have been discussed before on LMH. I also believe some owners have IBAN details on their websites, but I cannot find an example of this at the moment.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.