Reviews - critics - supporters - please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Stuart41

Reviews - critics - supporters - please

Post by Stuart41 »

Hi, had no idea about where to start but with Alan's videos managed to get our website up and running, with good feedback (and bookings from friends and colleagues). But now would appreciate fellow owners with years of experience to cast their professional eye over it please.....

https://www.fairwayviews.co.uk

Thanks in advance for taking the time to view it 😊
Regards
Stuart
newtimber

Post by newtimber »

Nice site, sorry in a rush, but here are a few comments.

Loads a bit strangely on a slow internet connection.

It's not immediately clear where it is! Your site has a .uk domain so I thought it would be in the UK and only when I scrolled down did I actually see it was in the Algarve.

The top level menu I found confusing. For example, the Prices and Availability menu, I expected the drop down to contain "prices" and "availability" as menu items but it just contained "guest information" which when I clicked on it, it said I didn't have access. Only then did I notice that if I wanted to see prices and availability I had to actually click the top level menu.

I don't know what this means "Damage deposit refundable within 7 days of departure pending inspection."
Igor

Post by Igor »

Just a very quick look but I found one:

"300 hrs of sunshine." If that's per year it's... disappointing. I guess it should be 300 days.
Igor lives in Fort StaySavr, a secret location high in the mountains
zebedee

Post by zebedee »

Newtimber wrote
Your site has a .uk domain so I thought it would be in the UK and only when I scrolled down did I actually see it was in the Algarve
I’m sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I have to agree. I clicked through your link and viewed the website on my phone yesterday and on a mobile it takes even longer to realise which country your property is in.
If I was doing a search via a search engine for a property in the Algarve, I am not sure yours would come up high enough in the listing, because you have uk in the domain name and don’t mention any other location within the name.

Even if I did see it listed high up, I would probably skip past it, not expecting it to be where I want it to be.

If you get your domain name right, and the first sentences include key words on your home page, you will get people finding you and booking direct.