OD - Filter search

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
AngloDutch

OD - Filter search

Post by AngloDutch »

I have been doing some searching on OD to see how often our property shows up by adding and reducing the filters.

I noticed that there are 2 options for internet:

INTERNET ACCESS

FREE WIFI

When FREE WIFI is selected, our property does not show.

Thinking that this is a new option, I went into our 'Facilities' to add it, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I have a feeling that 'FREE WIFI' may be an option for listings originally coming from HA and not OD.

Is there anyone with a listing on OD who has found where this is, or who has this selected on their dashboard?

I would think that guests are more likely to tick FREE WIFI than just INTERNET ACCESS.
Of course, if you tick both, then your property will still not appear if you don't have FREE WIFI enabled at your dashboard (whether you can enable it or not!)

This has been discussed previously, but there are also still too many duplicated choices in the filter selection. Although not applicable to our property, is there a difference between NEAR THE BEACH or NEAR THE OCEAN....unless your property is located on a rocky outcrop, and not near any beach?
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

I'm only on OD and there is nowhere to select free wifi. However, I have two listings and one states free wifi, the other states internet! I'm just going to do an experiment. I'll be back with my findings in due course.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Right, solved it. :D I now have free wifi on both my properties. :wink:

Go to description and amend your summary. Put 'free wi-fi' in there, save it, wait a while, then go back to check your listing and see if it's changed. If not, I also added the word wi-fi in the listing headline, but not the word free as I didn't have room. One or both of those is the trigger you need to use anyway.
AngloDutch

Post by AngloDutch »

Nemo wrote:Right, solved it. :D I now have free wifi on both my properties. :wink:

Go to description and amend your summary. Put 'free wi-fi' in there, save it, wait a while, then go back to check your listing and see if it's changed. If not, I also added the word wi-fi in the listing headline, but not the word free as I didn't have room. One or both of those is the trigger you need to use anyway.
Hi Nemo, I have placed FREE WIFI into the 'Summary' and due to space, just 'WIFI' into the 'Description' and into the 'Listing Headline'. I have also added FREE WIFI into the 'Detailed Description'.

I waited a while before searching for our property (now with FREE WIFI selected), and there it is - thanks very much!

Amazing.....how on earth did you work that one out? I would never have thought that placing something written in the text would trigger this.

I am now going back to my 'Detailed Description' and will also add, 'Owners Direct, you must return the site to how it was 5 years ago'. I will click 'save & continue' and hope for the best.... :)
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

AngloDutch wrote:Amazing.....how on earth did you work that one out? I would never have thought that placing something written in the text would trigger this.
Logic, or irish logic perhaps! :wink: If there wasn't a box to tick then it had to be picking it up from somewhere!
AngloDutch wrote:I am now going back to my 'Detailed Description' and will also add, 'Owners Direct, you must return the site to how it was 5 years ago'. I will click 'save & continue' and hope for the best.... :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: absolutely love it!