Offline first payments - how much time do you allow?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Martha

Post by Martha »

I haven't had too much of a problem with this but I make it clear that booking is only confirmed on receipt of the deposit and ask them to let me know when it's sent so that I can look out for it.
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
CSE

Post by CSE »

oasiscouple wrote:I imagine it also dépends on the country. Payments in the UK seem to arrive the same day, but here in France it depends on the day of the week. If someone sends me a transfer on a Friday it will only appear on my on line bank statement the following Tuesday (if all goes well). Therefore I have learned to be patient but I do tell the guests the booking is only confirmed on receipt of the payment.
Again I will point you to the links I have given earlier in the thread It has nothing to do with do with Banks outside of the Euro Zone. Please read maybe even think about changing banks if yours is working too slow.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

I am talking about my French bank where no transactions are posted on line between Saturday and Tuesday. It is not that the payment is not there, it is just that I can't see it.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
CSE

Post by CSE »

oasiscouple wrote:I am talking about my French bank where no transactions are posted on line between Saturday and Tuesday. It is not that the payment is not there, it is just that I can't see it.

As you had written
If someone sends me a transfer on a Friday it will only appear on my on line bank statement the following Tuesday (if all goes well).
Sorry did not read that you can only read it after a few days. It came across as if the payments are delayed. If money is there, and it has been transferred within the new banking system linked, then it will also appear right away. That is the whole point of this system. Maybe time to look for a decent service?
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

oasiscouple wrote:I am talking about my French bank where no transactions are posted on line between Saturday and Tuesday. It is not that the payment is not there, it is just that I can't see it.
I think most French banks work like this. I called my own a couple of weeks ago after a payment due in my account on Friday, did not show on Monday afternoon. They said it was already in my account, but would not show in the online banking until midday the following day (Tuesday). It never shows instantly, the balance only updates every 24 hours. I've just set up a payment for my manager. I can't do it instantly, it can only be done from Monday onwards.