marketing sites general question

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
delilah

marketing sites general question

Post by delilah »

Hi, I've searched the forum but would still like to ask which sites, esp the smaller ones, people are finding user friendly for us and guests and getting bookings from.
I have a website am am getting some bookings from that (been running for 5 years) and looking using fb more for promotion etc, but am currently pretty dependant on HA, which when it was OD worked well for me. Still getting lots of enquiries but guests and I having all the issues which get talked about on the forum.

So, looking for recommendations of sites which are working for you please. Thanks
___
whether you think you can, or whether you think you can't....you're right
www.anchoragemewsmersea.co.uk
http://www.facebook.com/AnchorageMewsHo ... age?ref=hl
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I have the same question... I think i asked it before but I didn't have any answers.

Independent Cottages
did reasonably well for me for a couple of years but unfortunately not for the last two.

The Cottage Guide
has brought me a few bookings and I have stayed with them but has not generated really good results.

I would really like to support smaller companies but I can see how hard it must be for them to compete with OD, even in its present state, and with AirBnb.

I can't find any niche site for advertising my cottage (I don't take pets)

I have promoted the occasional post on Facebook but never had a booking from this source to my knowledge.

About 40% of new bookings come via my website (a few people have seen me on OD then found my site)
Drax

Post by Drax »

I 'sacked' OD last year due its many bad practices and went onto Simply Owners Direct on September 2017. Their fees were the same as OD.
To date I have had only had 2 bookings from Simply Owners, though my calendar for 2017 was fairly full when I joined them. I am hoping that they will become successful and generate bookings like the old OD did.
I have subscribed to Independent Cottages for the last 2 years and I have found this company to be excellent and had a fair share of bookings through them.
I am also listed on a company called Holiday Home Rentals, which is a little obscure and to date have had only one booking through them. To be fair they do not charge you for the listing until 10 referrals are sent to you.
I am also considering advertising through our local Tourist Information Office, though of course it means another outlay of monies to pay for this advertising.
Keep your powder dry.