Airbnb instant book

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
ClareW

Airbnb instant book

Post by ClareW »

Apologies if this has been asked before- I have had a quick search of the forums.... I have been listed on Airbnb for a year or so but have been too scared to use instant booking! I was wondering how many of you on Airbnb use the instant book- am I being over cautious? Not living on site I feel that it is beneficial to have guests message me beforehand but as yet have had no need to turn anybody away and all the guests have been great. I have the strict cancellation policy and 'no parties' or large groups etc. Feb and March could do with filling up, and I am aware that even though I am now a 'superhost', by not having instant book it puts you down in the search...
kg1

Post by kg1 »

I too don't do instant bookings - I like to have a conversation before they book, amazing what comes out. I know of one owner who got into a dreadful muddle because she was taking a booking through her own website as someone else was doing an instant booking - ended in tears.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

I started using Instant Book for AirBnb last Oct..
After one guest through AB left badly stained items and failed to put rubbish out for collection I took another look at settings. I adjusted settings so people can only book if another host had recommended them...
declanja

Post by declanja »

I use Airbnb and allow instant bookings. I would prefer if instant booking was not available to guests but thats another story. I dont get many bookings through ABB and those I do get are generally for short stays close to arrival date, so it is good for filling gaps in my calendar. The vast majority of these bookings are instant bookings. I find that most bookings are from young people with ABB and to date have had few problems. Their review system is good in that owners review the guests as well as the other way round. I always check their reviews prior to confirming acceptance. Guests are aware that a number of negative review of them will make other owners less inclined to allow them stay. I know people can set up new accounts to get around negative reviews etc but when I get an instant booking from someone with a number of positive reviews it does help. I find I use ABB myself when travelling but dont use instant book as i like to email first.
ClareW

Post by ClareW »

Thanks for the replies- I hadn't realised that you had the chance to accept or decline a booking with instant book? I had thought that with instant book the guest just makes the booking and its done- that's why I was a bit wary as at the moment without it enabled I can chose to decline a request or enquiry.
I also hadn't realised that you can adjust settings to only accept guests recommended by other hosts,
Now thinking its worth a try- can always turn it off again!