meta listing

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Rogthedodge

Post by Rogthedodge »

I am on subs, but not on there, I feel a bit left out :-) :(
Deary me am I real.

www.holiday-rentals.com/52179
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

Revisiting this a bit.

HomeToGo do not allow adverts of individual owners. But they do deal with third parties with significant inventory.

They deal with many OTA's (see the bottom of https://www.hometogo.co.uk).

I think hundredrooms is similar.

So if individual owners can put their properties on some intermediary website ( :roll: :lol: ) then their properties could get good exposure if the intermediary had a relationship with HomeToGo or hundredrooms.
Essar wrote:Think of it more like - "Compare The Holiday Rentals dot com" - you won't feel so bad! :)
Yes, particularly if, by going through a new innovative intermediary, you can reduce commissions, increase revenue and increase contact with guests.
Igor

Post by Igor »

According to https://www.tnooz.com/article/hometogo- ... etasearch/
more than 11 million properties across 250 providers
That IS a lot. Presumably there's a cost for a provider. Is it Pay Per Click?
Igor lives in Fort StaySavr, a secret location high in the mountains
Nigel Goodwin

Post by Nigel Goodwin »

Igor wrote:According to https://www.tnooz.com/article/hometogo- ... etasearch/
more than 11 million properties across 250 providers
That IS a lot. Presumably there's a cost for a provider. Is it Pay Per Click?
I think it is confidential between partners and open to negotiation.
Little Villa

Hometogo

Post by Little Villa »

I can't believe I've missed this. I've checked Hometogo and we appear due to our OD subs listing, which is coming to an end soon. We don't want to renew OD with all the dreadful conditions that would then be mandatory.

We don't list with any other big listings but it seems you can independently sign up to Everystay dot com - it appears to be the only other Hometogo partner that fits our situation. Has anyone signed up to Everystay?
Igor

Re: Hometogo

Post by Igor »

Little Villa on a Hill wrote:We don't list with any other big listings but it seems you can independently sign up to Everystay dot com - it appears to be the only other Hometogo partner that fits our situation. Has anyone signed up to Everystay?
I've just signed up with Everystay as an experiment. The one and only reason for doing so is to get visibility on Hometogo. There really is nothing much else going for them. You'll never see everystay on the first page of a google search. They don't offer a map search, there is very limited "autocomplete" when you enter a place name for searching.

They do give a free period before having to subscribe but they don't tell you how long the free period is or how much the subscription is! I discovered on another site that it is just over 100 pounds.

A saving grace is that they do have iCal import.

Hometogo seems like a serious effort though (should be with 6 million dollars of investment in 2015/6). I've no idea how popular it is.
Little Villa

Everystay / Hometogo

Post by Little Villa »

Keep us up to date, Igor. I plan to use Everystay too, in a month or so, and I will post our experiences.
Little Villa

Meta listings

Post by Little Villa »

To Igor. I wonder how it's going with your listing with Everystay and therefore Hometogo? Have you had any bookings that you can attribute to this?

I haven't listed with Everystay yet and when I was looking again at doing it, I found our property on Hometogo - no idea why, as we ceased to list with OD in March '18, although suspiciously it says this property was listed from Apr '18. I'm annoyed as we haven't authorised it and they are using incorrect info - prices, arrival day, cancellation policy! An enquirer appears to get directed to the 'manager' via Holiday Lettings, House Trip or Trip Advisor, who appears to be Travelopo. Never EVER had anything at all to do with them! I wonder who gets the enquiry? Us?
Igor

Post by Igor »

that's interesting, Little Villa. I would be inclined to actually send an enquiry and see what happens. You never know, you might be able to book your own villa through a long string of intermediaries!

I haven't had a single enquiry through either Everystay or Hometogo yet, as far as I know - and I'm pretty sure I would know. Having said that, we don't have much availability for summer 2018, so people looking for a stay at short notice won't see our property.

I'm still hopeful that it will work. Hometogo seems to be a pretty serious effort.
manesty

Post by manesty »

Hello Igor - I wonder if Everystay or Hometogo has provided you with anything since you tried it earlier this year? Would be interested to hear of your experience. Thanks.
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

There have been absolutely no enquiries from Everystay since I listed with them some 5 months ago. The site is good enough. I made a fictitious enquiry today; their response was prompt, but their enquiry notification email confused me as to the best way to respond to the enquiry.