Guest Directions on OwnersDirect.

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
cleanforum

Guest Directions on OwnersDirect.

Post by cleanforum »

I just had an instant booking from Ownersdirect. I sent the guest a standard mail with our directions (web address) and T&Cs (another web address). The web addresses were both stripped out from the communication sent to the guest.

Can someone refresh my memory about how we send these datails to our OD guests now?

I am using their pay per booking model. Thanks.
ianh100

Post by ianh100 »

How soon is it until they stay? I don't think you can communicate until they have paid the final payment even on subscription!
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

I thought you get contact details once they've paid deposit and service fee - that's what HA say so I assume the same for OD. With HA you can attach a PDF to your messages for things like T&Cs, is that not the same with OD?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Thanks. I discovered their email in one of the (many) OD screens, so I have sent them a direct email. It may be that OD dont allow you to send web details through their system until the credit card tranaction has cleared. Anyway there does not seem to be much logic in it. My guess is that this is just an error/bug on the part of OD.
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

KathyG wrote:I thought you get contact details once they've paid deposit and service fee - that's what HA say so I assume the same for OD. With HA you can attach a PDF to your messages for things like T&Cs, is that not the same with OD?
I think you'll find that this week's change to their business model states that you will only get guest's contact details after the final balance is paid.

Next week it will all change again :?
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
AndrewH

Post by AndrewH »

e-richard wrote:I think you'll find that this week's change to their (OD's) business model states that you will only get guest's contact details after the final balance is paid.

Next week it will all change again :?
It was not HA/OD who were losing out this time, but their surrogate, HolidayRentPayment, who were missing their 3% take on the larger final payments from guests. Before that, once the guests' contact details were released immediately following a booking, there must have been a lot of cases of direct collusion between owners and guests with regard to a direct payment of the final balance, cutting out HRP.

This leads on to a further change in the business model relating to those owners who had to wait until after the guest moved in before receiving any payment from HRP. This is from their email I received yesterday:

Rather than wait for your guest to check-in, YapStone will now send funds to your bank account within 5-7 working days in most instances. So, the good news is that funds will be made available to your bank account more quickly than before! ...
We are thrilled to be able to offer you this service and improve your cash flow. Thanks for being a great partner!

"Thrilled"? Yeah right. :D