OD booking confirmed but no deposit paid

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Sam V
Location: Villa in Gale, Algarve, Portugal. At home in Fetcham, Surrey, UK

OD booking confirmed but no deposit paid

Post by Sam V »

This is a little odd. I had an OD booking confirmed on 14 Feb for
30 April. The booking was confirmed so I received access to the guest email and set everything up in PIMS, emailed her direct, etc, the guest has completed my booking form on PIMS and all is completed nicely.

However, my booking on OD is showing the deposit has still not yet been paid, a little odd. I’ve resent a payment request but still yet to hear anything. There is this note on the page: This traveller viewed your payment instructions for PayPal on 14 February 2018 for payment no. 1. If you haven't received this payment, we suggest contacting the traveller to verify that it is on the way.
How It works

‘How it works’ is a lot no which takes me to a page not found. Ve also checked my PayPal account, nothing there.

I’m going to email her direct next.

Has anyone else had this scenario?
TA lurkers walk among us; the LMH Walking Dead

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

www.algarvevillatrinity.co.uk
www.facebook.com/villatrinity
www.gardenerscottage.promotemyplace.com
mmg

Post by mmg »

Hi Sam. Is it possible that the guest has paid OD's booking fee and thinks that she has paid the deposit?
Sam V

Post by Sam V »

mmg wrote:Hi Sam. Is it possible that the guest has paid OD's booking fee and thinks that she has paid the deposit?
I didn’t think that was possible, I thought the payment calculation by OD automatically included that. She’s now emailed me to say she had notice that the payment is ‘pending waiting for other party to collect’

dont mess in the affairs of cats for they are subtle and will p on your computer.

Sam V

Post by Sam V »

Ok, so she paid the deposit as per HA instructions and has sent me a copy of an email simply saying her payment has been sent to xxxx@orangehome.co.uk this is an obsolete email as Orangehome no longer operates and I updated everything as far as I know before it ceased last March. No problems with any other payments for bookings and no way on either HA or OD to amend payment preferences!

vacancesthezan

Post by vacancesthezan »

Sam V wrote:Ok, so she paid the deposit as per HA instructions and has sent me a copy of an email simply saying her payment has been sent to xxxx@orangehome.co.uk this is an obsolete email as Orangehome no longer operates and I updated everything as far as I know before it ceased last March. No problems with any other payments for bookings and no way on either HA or OD to amend payment preferences!
It is not clear from your email whether the "confirmation" she received was from Paypal or HA. If the paypal address is still set at your old and now obsolete email address the payment would just sit in pending waiting fro someone to collect it. This happened to us once when we accidentally typed in the wrong email address as the Paypal account (just a misspelling). All we did then was "add" the wrongly typed email address to our paypal account and the money appeared. Not sure whether this is still possible as it was some years ago and the rules have changed (at least once!) since then.

Otherwise you would be best coming clean with them and saying that the account details are incorrect on HA and send her the correct ones. We would also suggest you provide some form of proof as she is bound to be suspicious - we would be!

When you answer an enquiry there is an option to enclose documents with one type of reply (pdf & jpg formats). We always send booking forms, contracts, payment details, etc etc as attachments (different ones for different countries). Even our address, bank details (for cheque payments and bank transfers). We dont altogether trust HA, OD, AB etc to provide the correct details on their "standard/automatic" responses

By the fact that they have already sent some money means they are keen to book. If all else fails as they have paid by paypal we think that there is a way to ask for the payment back.

Good luck

VT