Annoying, Redundant, Errant, AirBnB emails to hosts.

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
cleanforum

Annoying, Redundant, Errant, AirBnB emails to hosts.

Post by cleanforum »

I get way too many of these, but particularly annoying are the emails I get to pre-approve a guest for instant book after an initial exchange with the client.

I have Instant Booking enabled. Don`t they know that at ABB!. Could they not check before sending various emails to me telling me to pre-approve them??? again and again.

Also, I get emails form them reminding me to update my calender, these seemingly random emails do not even bother to check that I have updated it within a few days...
Does anyone else have problem with the numerous emails we get from them.

The only one I want to see are the "Congratulations you have a booking" ones...OK rant over :)
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Personally, I like the pre-approval so that a dialogue is possible in case you might have some doubts about suitability and I am sure that many LMHers will agree.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
cleanforum

Post by cleanforum »

Nothing against Pre-approval per se.
My point is, that I already have instant booking selected, so when someone contacs me to have a conversation about a possible booking I don`t need/want to send them a pre-approval during that conversation. If I want to I will, if not I wont, either way I certainly don`t need ABB sending me multiple email reminders to pre approve when it is not even necessary.

Also, if you do a pre-approval you then get muliple emails to remind them if they hav`nt booked within 24 hours etc.

The whole thing is push, push from ABB. I think it is more likely to put a guest off than anything else.