Bath vs shower?

If you are planning to buy a rental home, or you're thinking about what to do with one you have just acquired, this is the place for any questions about starting out in the rentals business.
Iqishigh

Bath vs shower?

Post by Iqishigh »

Hi,

Our property is a small one bedroom very centrally located in Glasgow. It currently has a bath and an electdic shower over the bath. We are considering removing the bath and putting in a larger shower unit.

Would be good to be the view of th forum on whether this would be th right move from a marketing and whether it would make it more or less appealing for guests.

Thanks all

Dave
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Tricky one, Dave, because either way you lose! If it were me I'd say "Yeah, go for the shower", but my wife would be yelling "No, keep the bath".
Compromise - keep the bath and invest in a really top-class shower over it. We had an Aqualiser over the bath which was indistinguishable from my megabucks pumped shower. AND install a proper hinged or folding screen, not one of those disgusting curtains which clings clammily to your legs.

Keep everyone happy.

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Iqishigh

Post by Iqishigh »

Thanks Mols.
declanja

Post by declanja »

We had the same issue with our one bed in Nice.The bathroom was outdated but had a lovely deep bath with overhead shower.We took out the bath and installed a high pressure rain shower. All of our returning guests preferred the shower and it made the bathroom a bit more roomy. Declan
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Another vote for Aqualisa - I used to be a buyer for a bathroom business & they were always relialbe, good customer service & spares easliy available. Try to get a brass bodied one, although we have one at home which is a plastic body & been going for 10 years now.