Airbnb cancellation policy: warning for owners

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Sandra J

Post by Sandra J »

Hi Oasiscouple, I thought bdotcoms t&c’s Stated that you could not advertise your normal rate at a higher price on their website to cover the commisssion? This was one of the reasons I don’t advertise with them as I don’t want to pay 15%commission.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Hi Sandra, not seen that condition and if it exists, I am ignoring it. I don't see how that could be controlled. I have adverts on other sites and adjust my prices to end up with the same nett income.
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Ecosse

Post by Ecosse »

Sandra J wrote:Hi Oasiscouple, I thought bdotcoms t&c’s Stated that you could not advertise your normal rate at a higher price on their website to cover the commisssion? This was one of the reasons I don’t advertise with them as I don’t want to pay 15%commission.
Perhaps that's still true in the UK but in France the French government rapped bc's knuckles and so they're not allowed to enforce this condition. We charge more on bc too... and also get a lot of guests phone us directly after seeing our ad to ask what the discount is for booking directly.
Sandra J

Post by Sandra J »

Hi Ecosse & Oasiscouple,
In the U.K. they have a price match guarantee so if I charge more than my website or other listing site then guests can claim a refund of the difference.

“You can claim a refund for the difference if you happen to find your reservation cheaper on another website.

Just remember to contact us after booking with us and at least 24 hours before your check-in date. You'll need to provide us with the link to the other offer and it must be online and available when we check.

We Price Match checklist
The other offer must be for the same property and accommodation type.
The other offer must be for the same check in and check out dates.
The other offer must have the same cancellation policy and conditions”.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

If my property was in the UK, I would still ignore this and take a chance that perhaps not more than one in ten guests would bother to check and claim. There seem to be a lot of 'ifs' and 'buts' in the condition.

Sorry, we seem to be getting off subject!
Honi soit qui peu y boit
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I know UK owners who simply alter something on their BC listing to make it a different product. They may offer an early checkin on one but not the other or include cleaning.
oasiscouple

Post by oasiscouple »

Hells Bells wrote:I know UK owners who simply alter something on their BC listing to make it a different product. They may offer an early checkin on one but not the other or include cleaning.
There you are Sandra. Just need to be a bit creative!
Honi soit qui peu y boit