Swimming pools 2018

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Dusty

Post by Dusty »

teapot wrote:
Yes the best value cyanuric acid test kit is from LaMotte at around £19 + postage but everything is going up so I will check that price and get back to you, it is about 50% less than other companies like Palintest. I can supply if required as I looked around for ages for good testers and by linking with LaMotte I can get the best price. Plus the service I get is excellent.
At £19 + postage I would be interested as that's a reasonable outlay for additional piece of mind. I am in the Dordogne do you know of any suppliers around here or are you able to supply? Does the kit require any consumables i.e. chemicals etc. and, if so, are they readily available?
teapot

Post by teapot »

I do not know of any outlets near you but I am happy to supply as I have a number of customers in the Dordogne. The tester comes with a supply of tablets that should last around 3 years. Additional tablets via post anytime. I will confirm the price on Monday as my catalogue is 2017. Because of Brexit lots of things have gone up but I hope by getting in before the start of the coming season I can secure last years price.
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
teapot

Post by teapot »

leon wrote:Teapot:
"The lecture I attended was held by a French girl, a civil servant "

If the civil servant had been male, would you have called him a "boy"?

Off subject, but worth asking.

Have to wait until next time to see if that happens, it was not a conscious comment, but I see I have begun to dig the hole so why not make it a little worse, the girl was gorgeous :wink:
Passivpool Energy "A" rated Swimming Pools, the most efficient, lowest running cost pools in the world
COYS

Post by COYS »

e-richard wrote:Wow, teapot, that's a truly awesome and comprehensive description and I wish I understood 10% of it.

Fortunately, I have a poolman that I pay to do all that :wink:
Me too. But I'm always grateful for such comprehensive advice because apparently the Greek translation of 'expert' is 'I'm here & you're not' :(
Cheers teapot.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
teapot

Post by teapot »

COYS wrote:translation of 'expert' is 'I'm here & you're not' :(
Cheers teapot.
Sadly that also seems to apply to some (other) forums to. :lol:
COYS

Post by COYS »

Just to be transparent - that was an all round thumbs up to monsieur teapot for sharing & confirming that genuine expertise is earned from experience.

Sadly in our region, qualification among both local & emigrant 'technicians' sometimes means just owning a 20euro PH/CL test kit & some really cool sunglasses. Anything requiring more than a couple of minutes thought/effort is strictly frowned upon.
Answers to the most basic of queries (why have all the kids hair & costumes turned green? is a particular favourite) seem to be viewed as some kind of valuable secret currency never to be shared, but it's just as likely that some of them just don't know or cannot be bothered to find out.
Those that do know their onions are in high demand & rightly so.
Me? I'm just an inquisitive PITA & I still get enormous satisfaction from learning something new.
Like my dear old Dad used to tell me: "Always ask. You don't always get, but if you don't ask you didn't really want to know in the first place"
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.