Insurance

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
sas401

Insurance

Post by sas401 »

My insurance is due for renewal and I find it has gone up by £70 since last year. I am currently with old oak insurance brokers (a local agent) but it is towergate who is doing the policy.
Has anyone any good recommendations for holiday let insurance?
Our current policy covers our main house, holiday cottage and 5 acres of land.
Old Bill

Post by Old Bill »

We are also insured by Towergate and they wanted to put the premium up by about £30. I called them, pointed out that we hadn’t made a claim in 3 years, and asked if they could improve the quote. They reduced it by £50. It might be worth trying.
sas401

Post by sas401 »

Thanks old bill, have now spoken to towergate direct and they are going to discuss in full tommorow.
BigM

Post by BigM »

Thanks for the heads up on Towergate. I am just going through the annual insurance phone around. We were with Boshers, but they wanted just over £600 for a modern two bed semi!

Got it down to under £500 with Towergate. Also tried a company called Schofields who gave a competitive quote too.

Interesting that the NFU advised me that they would only insure my holiday let if I had other insurance business with them - which I don't.