Lightbulbs

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Lightbulbs

Post by Zur Alten Weinkelter »

I have just tried to streamline my housekeeping with the arduous task of counting lightbulbs :roll:

and realising that along with AAA & AA batteries how many i actually use and the cost with buying them individually

as i have now narrowed down the type of lightbulbs used in the property ( i have 4 apartments ) with the change of fittings to just the E14 & E27 bulbs
can anyone recommend a company online that posts outside the Uk as it would be better to purchase in bulk to avoid that rush to the store when you find on changeover day that one of the bulbs has blown and end up spending inflated prices

this would also be useful for any other small electrical bits
other than using amazon
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

The truth is the best German wine remains in Germany
So forget your memories of Blue Nun & Black Tower
COYS

Post by COYS »

You could save anymore rushing to the shop on changeover days by only buying LED bulbs. Reasonable quality ones should last for 50,000 hours+ & are far less likely to expire as no filament or halogen capsule to overheat. I can't recall having to change one inside or out, home or away for at least a couple of years.
LED hut have designated UK & French sites so no reason why they can't ship to Europe in theory - no harm in asking.
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
rosebud

Post by rosebud »

+1 for LED light bulbs
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

LEDs are initially expensive, but not only do they last a long time they also cut your electricity costs (and we all know how holidaymakers just love to have all the lights on all day!)

Mols
Jumping is just dressage with speed-bumps.
Zur Alten Weinkelter

thanks for your replies so LED's it is and as i have quite a few to get with 4 apartments + public area's

can anyone recommend a good online company other than serching Amazon or taking a chance on Ebay
When it comes to wine, I tell people to invest in a good corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking

COYS

Post by COYS »

As above:
ledhut.co.uk
ledhut.fr
This time next year Rodney, we'll be millionaires.
Zur Alten Weinkelter

Thanks COYS

I will have a look at their prices