Return to renting our villa

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
susanmary

Return to renting our villa

Post by susanmary »

Hi, we are renting our villa again in Spain, we are going with Spain-holidays.com and are listed with them, however wanted to add some more sites into the equation. We have been looking at air b n b and also booking.com, I think with these commission only sites I would only offer certain weeks as otherwise could cost dearly. Could I ask you seasoned owners for advice regarding these platform, as when we stopped renting the villa it was still only advertised sites on the internet and not commission based as they are now. It is a minefield and I’m trying to get my head around it lol thank you.
gardenboy

Post by gardenboy »

Hi, i am in denia. I rent my villa with homeaway and it has become so competitive, guests expectations seem to increase every year and they dont want to pay any more. I just do the peak months now, good luck btw.
Marks

Post by Marks »

I am just about to come off HomeAway so will just use Spain-Holiday and Holiday Lettings/TA. On HL/TA I load my rate with their processing fee and then they add their booking fee on top. I get about 25% of my bookings from them the rest from SH, repeats, recommendations and Facebook. This year is shaping to be my best ever, I have one week in May, 10 days in June and a week in September to fill.

I then have two winter lets taking me from November to March 2019 so very happy with the way things have gone this year. I won't lose anything by not being on HA.
Some guests just need a sympathetic pat. On the head. With a hammer.
susanmary

Post by susanmary »

gardenboy wrote:Hi, i am in denia. I rent my villa with homeaway and it has become so competitive, guests expectations seem to increase every year and they dont want to pay any more. I just do the peak months now, good luck btw.
Hi Gardenboy, I know what you mean with guests expectations, I was glad when we stopped renting a few years back but needs must, we are thinking only peak season that way nothing gets too spoilt, we have 2 weeks booked so fingers crossed for the other weeks.
susanmary

Post by susanmary »

Marks wrote:I am just about to come off HomeAway so will just use Spain-Holiday and Holiday Lettings/TA. On HL/TA I load my rate with their processing fee and then they add their booking fee on top. I get about 25% of my bookings from them the rest from SH, repeats, recommendations and Facebook. This year is shaping to be my best ever, I have one week in May, 10 days in June and a week in September to fill.

I then have two winter lets taking me from November to March 2019 so very happy with the way things have gone this year. I won't lose anything by not being on HA.
Hi Marks, glad to hear things going well for you, we are only hoping for peak season months so may look at HL, they used to be great for me before Rightmove acquired them all those years ago so might be worth a punt. I have 2 weeks booked so only another 8 weeks needed so best get cracking n get the villa on another site, thanks for your input.